Which mode to use during bootcamp?

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I regularly do a bootcamp that switches between treadmill and circuit training every ten minutes for an hour. It's a pain to keep starting and ending a run or workout session on the band. On top of that, the band isn't even accurately measuring my distance on the treadmill. All I want is an accurate measure of calories burned during a workout.

If I just keep the band in workout mode the entire time, will I get an accurate calorie measurement? I know it won't be using my running distance as a factor, but as of now, it's inaccurate anyway. Would the band just use an algorithm to compute calories burned via my heart rate?

Yes, I believe the Band uses an algorithm to compute calories burned based on your heart rate. The fact that you're running or you've set it that you're in Run mode means nothing; other than the fact that one of the abilities the Band does in Run mode is to actively record your heart rate every second. I believe it functions in a similar way when you choose Exercise or Bike mode as well (concerning calories burned anyway).

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about and look more at seeing how your next workouts compare to the previous. Calories is all just a guesstimate anyhow.

Meghan_C

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't even think it calculates HR correctly. It recorded my HR at 194 at some point during my workout, which is 15 points over my max. So that can't be good for accurate measurement. It also said that my average HR over a 54 min workout was 151. I popped that info into a HR to calories calculator, and it says I should've burned 722 cals given my age (33) and height (5ft 8in). Band said I burned 623. That's considerably off.

1) You may want to tighten your band. I know when mine is looser, it tends to read really high peaks.
2) The difference in Calories is due to the fact that the Band reads ALL HR... highs and lows, not just a constant HR for so many minutes? the peaks and valleys make for the difference in just punching it into a calculator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6