4 New Band Apps for Android Phones

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I was ranting (hey, it's my middle name!) on a nearby thread that there are no good Band Apps for Android and then I stumbled onto some recent goodies from Asphodel Productions (developer contact: antion19@gmail.com), released in the last few days. Each of the apps is $.99 -- they all seem to have mixed reviews. I think the last two look particularly interesting.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of these and I am in no way associated with the developer -- just happy to see progress in the world of Android.

MS Band Personalizer: Set any image from your phone as your Microsoft Band's wallpaper. Choose any possible color for your Microsoft Band's six theme colors

a9fKwzhIII4bFO-1I45PJhN6-JgZ8FukMzFI8Z80bgmlPgtTRTJmbo_Tu8uz9gv7flqQ=h310-rw

MS Band Sensor Monitor: Application for viewing the sensor data of a Microsoft Band.

RrbZjMxTV4di3xC2ngDK54684K7-xUwt8t4lavYZEYM6tbwHOToj9PsMZMXoHpLqY3xu=h310-rw

MS Band Media Controller: Application for placing a custom media tile onto a Microsoft Band. So long as this application is installed, the buttons in the media tile will allow you to control your phone's music player from your wrist

2gWhRnhIcn0UbtumGB-6Ncj1PPrm44Id6fq2SKN0665GLdSAGvFexz53PtZTSBY87e2-=h310-rw

Microsoft Band Barcode Maker: Application for placing a custom barcode tile onto a Microsoft Band. Like the Microsoft Band Starbucks tile and wish you could add other barcodes? Use this application to place a tile with up to 8 barcodes on your Microsoft Band.

wc_i8ti7HhCEeYWpL0epOk7j2rt7XeHCIwT9U-pmt2DIC283ojVOKdMJnHdgctWL4xE=h310-rw

-Matt

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to have to let my wife know this. Thanks for the info.
I'm REALLY tempted to bite on that Sensor Monitor app (even if it doesn't access the GSR). I think I can handle the 99 cents -- it's the "will it kill my phone battery life?" question that has me hesitating. Presumably, when the app is not polling the Band, both the phone and the Band shouldn't suffer in battery life...but if the app is not written carefully, it might wreak havoc even with polling turned off. It's also mucking around with the Bluetooth connection, so yeah, if you're wife does try any of them please post back!

-Matt

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The dev for media player has been hard at work. It now supports 3rd part music players. He says he'll fix disappearing icons in a future update. There's also another media player app that's free. This one lets you see song, artist, and album info, but I can't get it to work, at least with Xbox Music. The icons look really bad for the control part but the controls work with all players without having to set one like media controller. I hope the Media Controller dev adds the song info feature. His icons look nicer than the free one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786