Health App is Totally WACKED!!!

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Talk about a roller-coaster ride of emotions, today my wife was elated to see she'd walked over 2 billion steps. But the joy of reaching a new personal best in steps was completely and utterly lost when she realized it only amounted to a mere 1398 calories, and a measly 3.32 miles. Something is not right in Health Land, I tell ya'. :winktongue:

Screenshot_2015-05-15-19-38-40.pngScreenshot_2015-05-15-19-41-19.png

​-Matt

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Just be glad the band doesn't set new goals when you keep exceeding old ones.

Gotta be a data glitch somewhere. What does the Band itself say?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
She's one of those Band-less test cases. I should report (glitch aside) that though her phone seems to be getting the daily steps about right, her estimated calorie count is way low. I wonder if your hunch about it needing to see her HR to accurately estimate calorie burn was correct.

-Matt

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
She's one of those Band-less test cases. I should report (glitch aside) that though her phone seems to be getting the daily steps about right, her estimated calorie count is way low. I wonder if your hunch about it needing to see her HR to accurately estimate calorie burn was correct.

In the case of Band-less, I would have thought that it would use a combination of base rate and motion. The puzzling part is only 3.32 miles. That works out to stride of less than 0.0001 inch per step. It must think she's doing jump rope. What kind of vibration has it been subjected to?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think today was a normal day -- admittedly a 3ish mile walk, but no lawn mowing, no driving. She *was* walking the dog on that walk, but she had her phone where she always does, in a waistband pocket. Nothing unusual afaik.

​-Matt

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I think today was a normal day -- admittedly a 3ish mile walk, but no lawn mowing, no driving. She *was* walking the dog on that walk, but she had her phone where she always does, in a waistband pocket. Nothing unusual afaik.
Do you get a graph on when the steps were counted? I'm thinking she might have left the phone on top of something that moved.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
From the picture above, looks like it happened during her 10am walk with the dog. About 1 hour, 3.6 miles. We've done that walk before and since, maybe 4 or 5 times, and that was the only time she logged all those "steps"!

-Matt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk