Here's what a Windows phone smartwatch would look like. (Real)

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Look at what I stumbled upon. It's Android so don't get your hopes up. I'm posting this merely to show the what it would look like. More like a FYI. The video is from 2013 from Chinese manufacturer.

eBOT 3g Android smartwatch with Windows phone homescreen

Published on Oct 14, 2013

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Awesome... Thanks for the link / video.

I find myself incredibly interested in these early smartwatches and what they could do even before big players like Google and Apple became involved.

This category has definitely come a long way and looking forward to see where it goes next as it evolves. :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Awesome... Thanks for the link / video.

I find myself incredibly interested in these early smartwatches and what they could do even before big players like Google and Apple became involved.

This category has definitely come a long way and looking forward to see where it goes next as it evolves. :)

Agreed but, till the battery tech catches up, it's appeal is going to be very limited to most people.

I have to recharge my watch every day ????

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Agreed but, till the battery tech catches up, it's appeal is going to be very limited to most people.

I have to recharge my watch every day ????
True enough... However, with very little sacrifice (usually of the bright, flashy screen) you can stretch that battery life out to 5-7 days like what is possible with the pebble smartwatches.

Still, I agree battery life is a large hurdle for many.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
True enough... However, with very little sacrifice (usually of the bright, flashy screen) you can stretch that battery life out to 5-7 days like what is possible with the pebble smartwatches.

Still, I agree battery life is a large hurdle for many.

I have a Pebble and use it every day, a real life saver. I have looked over other hacks or devices to come over and with a day or 2 battery (Band and other options). it's pointless. I sleep with my watch on and I do everything with it on, to pull it off every night would drive me nuts...

I would order a Pebble time right now, if I knew 100% that it would work on Windows Phone with the Pebble Notification app...

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would order a Pebble time right now, if I knew 100% that it would work on Windows Phone with the Pebble Notification app...

I'm sure there are quite a few people that are in the same boat with you there on the Windows phone compatibility. I am getting both a regular time and a time steel and, while I'm not a regular windows phone user, I do own a couple Nokia smartphones with windows phone on them. I'll be sure to check it or for ya! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss