I am having a problem syncing my band with the desktop software. The band is being charged but the pop up says band is not connected, it is charging but not sending info to the cloud.I can sync with my Lumia635 fine, its just the desktop does not recognize the band when connected to the usb port. Any one having this problem? Any one have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have reinstalled the software but didn't help. Only other thing maybe the band usb connector? but it is still being charged just not uploading information.

Any help appreciated
    05-19-2015 04:26 PM
    In device manager, under 'USB Devices', when your Band is connected, is it showing up? Might not mean anything, but mine is listed there as 'Microsoft Band'. Is it something that was working but now isn't? Have you tried different usb ports or a different hub? Might check for a firewall issue? Could be a registry hack would bring it into line, but you should probably seek help from MS about that. Might be worth picking up a spare cable and trying that......wouldn't hurt to have one around anyway.
    05-19-2015 07:41 PM
    there are other with the same issue, looks like it's quite common and even MS is aware
    05-20-2015 04:13 AM
    This may or may not help your case, mine syncs only when the buttons face down and the power cord is facing up or opposite the side the buttons are on. That's my .02 it is what it is
    05-20-2015 09:01 PM
    I am having a problem syncing my band with the desktop software. The band is being charged but the pop up says band is not connected, it is charging but not sending info to the cloud.I can sync with my Lumia635 fine, its just the desktop does not recognize the band when connected to the usb port. Any one having this problem? Any one have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have reinstalled the software but didn't help. Only other thing maybe the band usb connector? but it is still being charged just not uploading information.

Any help appreciated
    Yeah, mine is freaking out too. Every time I connect my Band to my computer via USB, it keeps saying it is unrecognized and "malfunctioned" in the lower-right corner of my monitor. I hope Microsoft is able to fix this soon.
    05-22-2015 03:31 PM
    I am having this same issue. I unregistered uninstalled MS health app went through the steps again and it still wont recognize either on my office laptop or my home desktop that the band is connected to the computer it syncs just fine with the 1520.
    07-21-2015 12:19 PM
    This fixed the issue on my Windows 8 computer:

USB Device not recognized - Microsoft Community

Method 1:

I would first suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to your computer and try the steps given below.

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:
    1.Open the Start menu.
    2.Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.
    3.Type cmd in search box.
    4.Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and Open as administrator.
    5.At the command prompt, type in set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    6.(Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)
    7.On the next command prompt line, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.
    8.In the Device Manager Console, from the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.

As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.
    07-21-2015 01:56 PM