So what would you like to see in the Microsoft Band 2?

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
First rumours incoming! If Microsoft is going to use the same release cycle for the Microsoft Band as the Surface, we can expect a new Microsoft Band this summer :) I'm pretty excited since my girlfriend just got a Fitbit and I finally "get" what fitness bands are all about. I'd like one for myself, but being the Microsoft ****** I am I decided to wait for a Microsoft Band that's actually available where I live. So needless to say, I'm pretty happy with these early rumours.

What would you like to see in the new band, though? I'd love some some integration with various apps (WhatsApp and stuff) to read notifications and some nice media remote control features. For me, that's the whole point of wearables that go on your wrist: checking notifications and skipping through music while I'm cycling so I don't have to pry my huge 1520 from my skinny jeans-pockets and break my neck (okay I don't actually have skinny jeans, but they definitely feel skinny since that 1520 is so huge).

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to see more devices integrate into MS Health. A the moment, it's little more than a one-trick (device) pony. You know, things like Bluetooth weight scales, stuff like that.

I'd like to see more curve to the display part for better fit to the wrist. I'd also like to see a HR sensor that is moved (or at least movable) to the side for better HR monitoring. Scratch resistant bezel.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Most of my requests are software improvements at this point with food tracking and estimated daily calorie burn at the top of the list.

Hardware-wise, I think the form factor needs to be revisited. The Band just doesn't fit very well on many people. A more flexible band would fix sizing issues for most, and allow better adjustments based on time of year... my wrist is just enough bigger as it's gotten hotter to make my Band too tight in height, while still being too wide.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see a different form factor as well. Maybe the same basic design, but with a square face that used 2x2 tiles. Wider, more flexible band obviously. I'd also like the head to be made of the same material as the clasp. The existing plastic is too scratch prone.

flamingoodmedia

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking a more circular, comfortable fitting band making use maybe of curved screen technology ? I'm really happy with v1 of the band except for the much reported skin rash issue ... with the notification centre tile turned on there's not much the band won't notify you of ... I liked it as is but it feels like a v1 design, most things are right but a curved screen or a square screen around be tops :) also please allow 'run' to be what you need it to be with metrics to back that up I.E I only track walks so to choose a workout would be useful, and sound ... add sound !

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There is a lot of low hanging fruit with the software side, but little or none of that should depend on v2. Hopefully, much of the low hanging fruit will have been plucked by the time v2 debuts.

v2 Hardware improvements:
1) Curved display
2) Lower profile
3) Wireless charging/non-proprietary charger
4) Longer lasting battery
5) No corrosive metal on any skin contact points
6) Better water tolerance
7) Additional sensors

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
5) No corrosive metal on any skin contact points

Especially that!!! lower profile + water resistance would be nice too of course.

And I would totally go for like 1GB of internal Storage or something like that so I can have some MP3's on it to stream to my Bluebuds X... (so I won't need to carry my phone around with me).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tap to sync (via NFC) would be good for me. It's always a pain when my phone and band loses the Bluetooth connection (especially waking after sleep).

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would HIGHLY suggest people to go to the Uservoice site to vote for and add comments. This is the official site for Band feedback.

Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: Hot (285 ideas) ? Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band

Personally, I would vote for a better fit. I tried it for a while and loved all the capabilities, but the the FIT killed it for me. I had to return it.

A close second would be waterproofing, but let's face it, how many of the sensors will work in water? I just want it to be able to survive the incidental dunkings and whatnot that is typical of my everyday life.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see a curved display, similar to the Gear Fit.

I would also like to see it use a standard phone charger for charging. Nothing more annoying than going on a weekend trip and forgetting your band charger.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of a band failure due to water. Have seen videos of it in bowls of water and mine has got wet on numerous occasion.

Is water that really a big deal? If you're not planning on swimming it should be rated good enough for life now.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Notifications that sync with the phone in terms of read/unread. If I read it in one place then don't show me again.

More email/message content displayed. Email for sure. For forwarded emails all I see is the header.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Better form factor, better materials, waterproofing so I can wear it while swimming in the ocean. My assumption is that voice integration with apps will come with Win10 .

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I would like little arms that come out and do the dishes for me. Scooping the cat box would be nice too. Perhaps it could kill me while I slept.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Waterproofing, durability improvements and music controls. Those are probably the main things that stopped me from buying the first one (besides the fact it wasn't available internationally :p)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First rumours incoming! If Microsoft is going to use the same release cycle for the Microsoft Band as the Surface, we can expect a new Microsoft Band this summer :) I'm pretty excited since my girlfriend just got a Fitbit and I finally "get" what fitness bands are all about. I'd like one for myself, but being the Microsoft ****** I am I decided to wait for a Microsoft Band that's actually available where I live. So needless to say, I'm pretty happy with these early rumours.

What would you like to see in the new band, though? I'd love some some integration with various apps (WhatsApp and stuff) to read notifications and some nice media remote control features. For me, that's the whole point of wearables that go on your wrist: checking notifications and skipping through music while I'm cycling so I don't have to pry my huge 1520 from my skinny jeans-pockets and break my neck (okay I don't actually have skinny jeans, but they definitely feel skinny since that 1520 is so huge).

1. I would like to see less of it : My wrists are large yet the Band looked *slightly* chunky. I can imagine that this proportionality would be less attractive on skinnier wrists.
  2. Better battery life
  3. Scratch resistant exterior : The original Band was ridiculously susceptible to scratches.
  4. More health data exposed on their app : Take for instance stress levels. Nice to be able to correlate data such as stress and sleep, etc.
  5. Most importantly, accurate continuous HR monitoring : The intervals of the original band were not the best.

Original band was great, but it would be nice if Microsoft would release a not so fitness oriented device. Not necessarily a smartwatch, but I could dream can't I? Surface Watch :grin:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanna see a more beautiful, aesthetically appealing design. The first band was a chunky, somewhat ugly black thing....

WAIT!!
Is Microsoft going to make another ugly black thing again, with slightly better life this year for 2, and then finally make a excellent and beautiful product the 3rd time?

The surface pro 1 was a chunky, black thing also 😔

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb