Track calories while kart racing

Koert van Kleef

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
This saturday I'm going kart racing with friends. Anyone have any suggestions what mode to use if I want to track calories during those two heats racing?

My arms will only be on the steering wheel so tracking pace doesnt apply. But I'll be burning a lot of calories while racing so I'd love if the band can track that.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, but be careful for phantom step counting while driving the kart. I get phantom steps when driving my normal vehicle, so I can assume that with all the bouncing around the karts do your step count will be way up there.

Maybe just use the "Exercise" setting so it can track heartrate?

I'm sure someone else here would know....

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I know I have to turn on Flight Mode on my phone to avoid sending the GPS crazy and killing the battery in the process.

Koert van Kleef

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Helpful tips, thanks guys.

kenjancef: so if I use the tile with the dumbbell icon I get a generic excercise mode? Sounds decent. If I use exercise it won't interpret my location movement as part of the spent energy? I mean will it not try to calculate energy spent getting around the track?
Just calories based on heart rate? ...that'd be perfect.

GPS tracking would be fun but I can imagine it'd be hard to keep track of as it's lot of fast motion in a relatively small area. As you suggested. Thanks for the tip.
I'm more interested in calories anyway :)

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Helpful tips, thanks guys.

kenjancef: so if I use the tile with the dumbbell icon I get a generic excercise mode? Sounds decent. If I use exercise it won't interpret my location movement as part of the spent energy? I mean will it not try to calculate energy spent getting around the track?
Just calories based on heart rate? ...that'd be perfect.

I THINK so... hoping someone else will chime in to agree/disagree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss