Microsoft Moonraker...

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Probably would have chosen this over the Band if I had a choice, but Microsoft decided to take aim at the fitness market instead. Either they were intimidated by the impending Apple Watch launch, or felt that they couldn't really innovate more on what was being offered by other smart watches at the time.

Then again, it's been said the Band was more of a "proof of concept" unit and wan't expected to sell much. Seems like whoever was making the calls in the wearables area was a little off, as people seem to want this Moonraker watch and the Band has been much more popular than a quick "proof of concept" device.

I would say the Band was such a hot ticket item because Windows Phone did not have any options at the time. The Pebble only gained Windows Phone support because of the few who can code for our device. Pebble is not supporting our platform.

Microsoft can not be blind on this, nor can they claim "We didn't see a need". After the great response of the public to the Band, it should be a no brainer to rework a little code from the band to run on Moonraker.

Heck at the very least to reduce their own risk they could even run it as a Kickstarter and get the money up front to run a limited production, and see what demand is like.

It's pure gall on the part of the Clown who axed the project!!!!! Windows Phone / Smart Watch fans should unite and tell them they made a Mistake, and this should be fixed, and fixed now. We have waited far to long already !!!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft can not be blind on this, nor can they claim "We didn't see a need". After the great response of the public to the Band, it should be a no brainer to rework a little code from the band to run on Moonraker.!

This is a problem with Microsoft, they are too large now. For all the pushing for user voice and feedback, the Microsoft of late seems to give what they think people want, not actually what they want.

This is another case of that.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
This is something that would partner well with a phone. The band is a stand alone with a different target market. The band sells well, this watch with a larger face would also do well.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't given up yet, in fact I am trying to kick it up a few notches.....so far no word, but if luck is with me........news....or it will fall on def ears....

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
New pic if you want to join the cause......these days I feel like Don Quixote, but back in the day, I was the same with getting Windows Media Player to work on the Casio BE300(sold with a cut down WinCE and missing dll files), it took a year but we got it running. I had t shout every where till the right people saw me.Moon-2.jpg

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
New pic if you want to join the cause......these days I feel like Don Quixote, but back in the day, I was the same with getting Windows Media Player to work on the Casio BE300(sold with a cut down WinCE and missing dll files), it took a year but we got it running. I had t shout every where till the right people saw me.View attachment 107567
Appreciate what your doing! I must admit I am not a hardcore Windows phone user (my daily driver is a Android Nexus 6), however I completely agree that WP needs some quality wearables!

If your efforts help that in any way, I'm all for it! :)

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I will not quit until someone with a Microsoft title says it's a no go.........but it sure would be nice to see others start to pester Microsoft, Joe B, or anyone who has pull with the platform.
You don't have to go at it like me, but just a quick # or 2 on twitter or facebook ( besides I'm built to be Pain in the booty :) )

#LetMoonrakerLive
#WeWantMoonraker
#NoLumiaLeftBehind

If they see the natives are restless maybe they will toss us a bone !!!!!!!
NoLumia.jpg

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I want one of these too. This is one of the 2 major reasons I am thinking about jumping ship in the next few months. I want a watch that fully integrates with my WP, with a color screen and looks like a watch. And I want Most apps I can get on android. There are so many I use on android, and are not available in windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077