Does anyone know if the new "Golf" Update on the Microsoft Band will work with Iphone?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Erik! Good question. Two major WinPhone-only features that come to mind are the keyboard (for text entry) on the Band and voice input/control (via Cortana). On the other hand, an Android-only feature is turn-by-turn notifications on the Band during navigation. Other than that (afaik) you get the same general feature-set on any phone (which is one reason I love the Band).

I'll happily put $10 on the bet that the golf feature will be phone-OS independent, since there is already GPS on the Band. The only catch will be how MS handles the issue of golf course data (e.g., stroke and map data), though I'm still pretty optimistic that they'll code the database (and/or lookup function) for all three platforms.

-Matt

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes I saw that. It is impressive, and it is great to see. I hope they continue to add on to biking and running and add on a few other new ones as well.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There are a varīety of ways they could do it. As long as tiles are limited, one way would be a single tile with multiple user defined options to select at the beginning of the activity. It could be a single tile that handles running/walking/hiking/trail running/dog walking/lawn mowing/leap frogging/canoe portaging/somersaulting/3-legged running/cartwheeling/jackass-grocery-cart-riding and whatever the user wanted.