New app: Update your Band Me Tile photo automatically!

Sabre Wulf

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My new app, Band To-Go, is now available in the Store for Windows Phone.

Band To-Go | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It will automatically set the daily Bing image on your Me Tile, or place random photos from your camera role. Once you configure and sync your Band, the updates are automatic. To my knowledge, this is the first app to do this automatically!

If you have a Band, check out the app and let me know what you think. Enjoy.

Here is the description from the Store:

This amazing app allows you to customize your Microsoft Band's Me Tile in one of the following ways:

- It can automatically show the daily Bing photo each day,
- It can automatically show a selection of your camera roll photos during the day,
- You can select a specific favorite photo from your phone or OneDrive.

The automatic options require no use of the app once they have been configured - the photos are displayed on your Band totally automatically!

If you select the camera roll option, a new photo will be displayed about every 2 hours. Only landscape photos are chosen.

If you choose the Bing photo option, the daily Bing photo for your region will be displayed every morning, in landscape orientation.

Selecting a specific photo allows you to browse any photo album on your phone or in OneDrive, and show it on the Me Tile.

The automatic options are available as an In-App Purchase, but you can try them out first for 5 days. The favorite photo option is available for free.

Note that the automatic options sleep between 12 am and 6 am to avoid unnecessary use of your Phone and Band batteries. Also, these options require that your Phone and Band are paired and connected - the same requirement as when syncing your data.

Keep a look out for new features, coming soon. Please send an email to the developer, if you have questions, problems or feedback - you can do this easily from the app's about page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm