What about the end of MSFT Health?

Evil_MrM

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't get confused...the Microsoft Health app is staying (that's the app that links to the Microsoft Band). The MSN Health & Fitness app is kind of an on line magazine, like MSN News, focusing on articles on health, weight loss, etc. THAT'S the app that's going away.

And it's too bad. I LIKE the MSN Health & Fitness, and Travel apps. I read them daily...

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Good to know, was wondering if it was the same thing or not. I use the sleep function heavily to help figure out how to get better nights rest as I have problems with that.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know it was ending, but I expected it. It just doesn't have a real role in a world with MSN online and MS Health available to everyone.

However, I'd really like to see a decent food log put into MS Health. The one in MS H&F is very usable, and it's really the only feature MS doesn't have covered elsewhere.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know it was ending, but I expected it. It just doesn't have a real role in a world with MSN online and MS Health available to everyone.

However, I'd really like to see a decent food log put into MS Health. The one in MS H&F is very usable, and it's really the only feature MS doesn't have covered elsewhere.

I agree with this, being able to add food choices and further balance calorie input/output would be very helpful.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

There should be plenty third party apps, I searched and this came up for example:
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/myfooddiary/e2db8991-2530-47e5-ac1c-d7367575af8d

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I use MSN Health & Fitness for walking, running, and biking. The Microsoft Health app can only monitor walking unless I buy the Band which I can't due to my location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
There should be plenty third party apps, I searched and this came up for example:
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/myfooddiary/e2db8991-2530-47e5-ac1c-d7367575af8d

The point of integrating food is the input/output/exercise relationships. Manually tracking and eyeballing sort of works, but rather defeats the point and is poor at identifying at trends over time. With greater precision in output calorie measurement, food becomes the weak spot. Maybe your menstrual cycle doesn't affect your weight, food intake and activity levels, but it sure affects mine. :)

HealthVault has a very poor food input system now, but the data can flow that way.

(The MFP integration is awful.)

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The point of integrating food is the input/output/exercise relationships. Manually tracking and eyeballing sort of works, but rather defeats the point and is poor at identifying at trends over time. With greater precision in output calorie measurement, food becomes the weak spot. Maybe your menstrual cycle doesn't affect your weight, food intake and activity levels, but it sure affects mine. :)

HealthVault has a very poor food input system now, but the data can flow that way.

(The MFP integration is awful.)

Ahahah no my menstrual cycle doeas not affect my food intake :D

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I wish that they would get one app for health and incorporate all the stuff that's currently in MS Health and Fitness, MS Health Vault and MS Health

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it doesn't make sense to have distinct Health App, Health and Fitness app and a separate Health Vault. There are valuable elements in the Vault (such as integration with wireless scales & wireless Blood Pressure devices) and the H&F app, but I'd like to see those elements folded into the Health app.

puckrazy1

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else the least bit concerned that MS is addressing the app gap by discontinuing their own apps? I use the H&F app all the time and have not been able to find a suitable replacement. MyFitnessPal is a joke on WP. They haven't updated it in like 2 years.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The MS Health app can also use the new sensor core data to track you I think.

Yes, it does. Here it is on my 636...

97fc0c3a26208ca3699a46422de97323.png

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The Health app is super slow to update that data though. Anyone know a good app that shows my steps from Sensor Core on a live tile? The Health & Fitness app does it and I love it. I tried Active Fitness and while it reads the sensor core information quickly, it doesn't show the step counter on the live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium