Band steps syncing to Map My Run

mfm77

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I played 2 hours of tennis yesterday and, in the process, accumulated a ton of steps. I used the "workout" tile on the Band to track my stats. My friends and I are doing a step challenge via Map My Run/Map My Fitness, so naturally, I expected all 10,000+ steps to transfer. However, that did not happen, and I'm a little confused as to why. I usually don't pay too much attention to steps on Map My Run, but I'm wondering if Map My Run doesn't import all steps from the Band with non-running activities. I disconnected and reconnected my Band to Map My Run, but that didn't work. Does anyone else have insight as to the step issue?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I got my Band in March while training for a half marathon at the end of April, and working out 3 times a week in my cousin's fit camp. Through all my tracked runs and exercise sessions, I never had any steps exported from Microsoft Health to MapMyRun.

I had taken some time off from running after the marathon and only tracked a handful of runs through May and June. The last two weeks of June, I started using a guided workout to ramp up to a 5K, and the guided workouts only record heart rate, calories, and time, meaning very little data is available to export. I did track my 5K run on July 1, and I haven't recorded any workouts since.

Out of all my workouts exported to MapMyRun, the July 1 run is the only one that included steps. My last recorded run using the Run tile was June 16, and this workout doesn't include steps in MapMyRun. Unless something weird was going on with my data, it looks like exporting the step count with runs is a feature that was added only recently. Maybe they will start exporting steps with workouts at some point in the future, but it seems that this is just not currently available.

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Disclaimer: I have some kind of vicious web of connections between apps: mapmyfitness...runkeeper...MS Health...mapmyrun...you name it, it's connected to as many others as possible!

Anyway, I can say for sure that pretty much 100% of my runs have included step counts on mapmyrun. Not sure through which app they got there, whether directly from Health or indirectly via another app, but they're there. These all synced as runs -- I can't say what would happen if I'd logged them as exercise instead.

mapmysteps.jpg

​-Matt

PS Something is obviously fishy with the counts though...who can explain how 3 runs have identical step counts? My pace is not that consistent.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs