Casio G-Shock and WP

fx747

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Is there any chance that latest Casio G-Shocks with Bluetooth will ever work with Windows Phone? Is BT stack in WP 8.1u2 or WM10 complete enough to communicate with these watches?

Any rumors? Or we're going the Pebble way with these ones too?

I must admit that I'm really tired of this "available only for Android and iOS" for everything that is not MS Office related...

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's much to do with the Bluetooh any more, more a case of Casio must gain access to the message API. That is the problem with most smart watches and WP. The Pebble for example, can only function via a hack of sorts and using a 3rd party app. The App builder asked for access to the API, but Microsoft said only OEM's can access the API.

So I will guess no Notifications will work on the Casio...maybe base features of health tracking over BT if there is an app for WP to gather the info.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at timex, I guess this is the same for their products as well. I am getting sick of the "lockdown" of certain features as well. I want wearables other than the MS band. Not that it is not a good product, but I want a WATCH. not a fitness band.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at timex, I guess this is the same for their products as well. I am getting sick of the "lockdown" of certain features as well. I want wearables other than the MS band. Not that it is not a good product, but I want a WATCH. not a fitness band.

I like you want a Watch as well, that works with Windows Phone. Fitness bands are ok, but lack a Watch face. I would point you to the Moonraker topic.....there is a fully working Windows based Smart Watch that should have launched with The Lumia 930, but Microsoft stopped it.

The only way we are going to get it is to bug Microsoft with #'s on twitter and other social media....squeaky wheel them into going ahead with the project as other Smart Watch makers like Pebble offer us no support.

Microsoft needs to step up!!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I know of the moonraker. I would buy 2 watches right this instance. My wife and I would love to have two real smartwatches for our WP. I think the moonraker would sell MANY MANY watches. The band sold really well in the markets it was released, so I see the watch doing even better.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I know of the moonraker. I would buy 2 watches right this instance. My wife and I would love to have two real smartwatches for our WP. I think the moonraker would sell MANY MANY watches. The band sold really well in the markets it was released, so I see the watch doing even better.

Ok so let Microsoft know you would buy 2 !!! Who knows if enough people start to tell Microsoft maybe they will look at the idea of setting all that work Nokia did loose on the public!!! Social Media = Change , and Windows Phone needs a change for the better !!!! A level playing field for Smart Watch!!

fx747

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm still not convinced to current smartwatch design, many of them look like a toy.
MS Band also looks like a toy, but it does not pretend to be a watch replacement, rather an additional device to wear on the other hand.
I don't expect much from the watch linked with WP, just a notification of events - icon, beep, vibe and caller ID, so this relatively new G-Shock BT series seems to be ideal. Looking at specs Casio aims only for iPhones and "top" Galaxy models, so I guess they see WP market as a niche.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone ever tried to connect the phone with the phone (win 10)?

Does it connect? It would be nice if at least the "next song" function would work..

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid it not even connects....

I went to a store, and tried to connect my phone with the phone... although I couldn't do an extensive troubleshoot, the phone seemed not to recognize the watch...or even see it... (It was the lady in the store, configuring the watch..so I'm not 100% sure if it was done properly).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea