Acer Liquid Leap+ Smartband - Windows Phone Support Coming Soon

DI77ON

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Acer just released their Liquid Leap+ smartband to the U.S. this week (link placeholder, not enough posts yet). It does not support Windows Phone yet, but a post by an Acer Employee on their Android forum stated that the Windows Phone app is currently in testing, coming "soon" (link placeholder)

Untitled.png

This smartband/smartwatch does everything we want it to
  • Call/Text notifications
  • All week battery life
  • Waterproof
  • Fitness tracking
  • Sleep Tracking
  • Music control

You can search for it on google, I will try to post the links when my post count gets up

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It is good news for Fitness buffs again....so a Band like device on a 1" OLED screen. The demo video I saw from MWC 15 looked good when it worked, as it has a double tap to wake. Now maybe it was just because it was an early prototype. but some of the Acer employee taps were not waking the band up.

I would still give my right arm for a Smart Watch, but maybe I will have to use a fitness tracker until we get a Watch.

Oh well the best news is they said it will work with Windows Phone, so I will guess they got the SMS/Email api from Microsoft.

Also from the Press Page at Acer......

Press

DI77ON

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they release the app for WP 8.1 rather than wait for WP 10. I don't understand why the notifications have been difficult for companies to implement for Windows Phone. Even Fitbit doesn't have it yet, and they're the only major weareable with a dedicated WP app outside of MS Band!

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they release the app for WP 8.1 rather than wait for WP 10. I don't understand why the notifications have been difficult for companies to implement for Windows Phone. Even Fitbit doesn't have it yet, and they're the only major weareable with a dedicated WP app outside of MS Band!

Misfit has an app as well. Although it's garbage. Which is sad since it is developed by a third party who has done many other WP apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans