Will the Band count calories in/out

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
My friend has a fitbit (not sure what model)..
He says he can put in the food he eats and it lets him know how many calories it has. Then, based on his target daily caloric intake, it lets him know if he needs to work more/less etc to burn off the calories he has taken in..

Does the Microsoft Band do that?
I have nothing now, but it would be nice to monitor in/out/work/etc..

With the balance board on the Wii, you can put in what you want your target weight to be and how long you have to get to that weight, and it will give you a daily workout regiment to meet your target weight in the time allowed.. I thought that was pretty cool..

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know the Band itself doesn't keep track of calories in just calories burned through steps and exercise. The myfitnesspall app that will connect to the Health app does count calories in and will sync with the Band/Health App for calories burned through exercise but not steps. The myfitnesspal app will also help you track target weight and calories in/out throughout the day as well as give a rough nutrition record for meals recorded through the app. The myfitnesspal app works fairly well on my HTC 8x with 8.1 update although it will NOT sync calories burned through the step count/daily burn only through the Bands routine exercise apps. My wife uses an Android version of the Health and myfitnesspal apps on her Samsung Galaxy 6 and it has additional capabilities but works generally the same way as it does on Windows Phone 8.1. I have no idea about ios versions.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The calories in on all fitness trackers is done by the software on your phone or PC do in the bands case it's MS Health and in the Fitbits case it's own app.

It is probably the weakest area as it relies very much on the person putting in the info and also the information given to him, for example a standard ham sandwich may be 400 calories, but what is a standard ham sandwich, two thin slices of bread, with a scrape of spread and a slice of ham would have less than half if it was two doorstoppers, lots of butter, 10 slices of ham, mustard, mayonnaise, I could go on.

And did I forget those two slices of toast :smile:

That is why I bought a set of scales (Fitbit, but there are others) that Wi-Fi to the PC, so rather than measure what goes in, I measure the result which is accurate and far simpler.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I use the myfitnesspal to monitor intake, but, it sure would be nice to have all of my burned calories count and not simply the calories burned working out. That being said, syncing is fast and easy and the live tile is quite nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire