Heart rate spike during "restful" sleep

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
After my workout at 5:30 this morning, I went to check my calorie burn total for yesterday. Upon opening the MS Health app, I noticed something strange. Along with the spike in calories from during the 5:00 and 6:00 hours, there was also a spike in calories burned during the 2:00 hour while I was asleep. I checked my sleep tracking for last night and noticed that the Band measured a spike in my heart rate at this time. What seems even stranger to me is that is that this period was marked as restful sleep.

Has anyone else experienced a random heart rate reading that is inconsistent with your Band's normal measurement such as this?

Attachments

• sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, noticed it once. Can't say I check every day though, so it could have happened more. (Maybe ?).
I also almost never remember my dreams so I can't say if dreams have anything to do with the spike or not.
My guess, only a uneducated guess at that is I had something happening in my dreams that caused the spike in heart rate, but I remained so still band thinks I'm in deep restful sleep.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My first Band had a faulty heart rate monitor that was always between 20 to 50 bpm too high. I've been very paranoid about this issue with my two replacement units I've received since then, but other than sometimes being slow to lock, I haven't had any HR monitor issues with my current Band. I'll keep an eye on it, but maybe it was just a weird one time anomaly.

Patrick Hoque

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
i had actually had one bad night and wanted to check in the app and had quite a high peak too. seemed in my case in was legit and due to bad dreams but cant say for sureof course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon