Return or Exchange band from country is not sold in??

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am in Germany and ordered my band from Amazon UK.
In the last few weeks there has been a detoriation in the band...
Clasp is coming away.
Paint is coming off inside the band.
One of the humps inside the band is coming away (battery?)

So what can I do?
Amazon online will not let me select to return it.
Will MS do something for me seeing as I am in a country not officialy supported?
I don't know if the standard EU warranties apply here.

Did anyone outside of US or UK have an experience with MS on band failure?

Thanks.
Shaun
WP_20150925_16_05_53_Pro.jpg1.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150925_16_06_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150925_16_06_04_Pro.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have sent them a message but looking at the fact I cannot select it for return as normal I am not sure they can help.
My concern is that Amazon will say "you need to contact Microsoft for an exchange"

Given the number of people who had issues with the band on these forums I thought at least one of may have got it from a non officially supported MS Band country and been in contact with Microsoft to get a replacement.

In-gadget

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Had a problem with my Band - wouldn't charge
I live in Greece. The Band was purchased via Amazon UK

Opted for online chat. They addressed the issue immediately - sent me a new one (Amazon paid for shipping) and I just returned the failed one to them (again Amazon paid the return shipping cost)

I would suggest you try the online chat

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Contacted Amazon via email. They gave me an advance refund and prepaid shipping labels to return it :)
Waiting to see how B2 fairs, I loved my band and hope the build quality is better on no2.

hkhawaja

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Middle East, and I had bought the Band from the US. After a while it had a similar issue like yours. I opened a case with them, and they replaced it for free with a brand new one. The only thing I did was had the faulty one shipped to a friend in the US, who forwarded it to MS using the prepaid FedEx label. Then same thing on the way back, I paid for return shipping from US using a forwarding service called Shop and Ship by Aramex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786