Issues with the Microsoft Health app responsiveness

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
For the past couple months, I've noticed some issues with the responsiveness of the Health app to commands on my touch screen. For example: if I try to name a workout, it will allow me to type in the name, but it seems like I have to try multiple times to hit the checkmark to the right of the text box before it will update the name. During these multiple attempts at tapping the checkbox to save, if I accidentally touch above or below the checkbox, it will cancel out of the renaming process.

I've also noticed issues trying to manually trigger a synchronization from the menu. It will often take several attempts to tap the sync command before the synchronization will start.

The issues started around the same time as an update to the Health app a couple months ago, which also coincided with me switching to a Lumia 640 XL from a Lumia 920. I haven't noticed any other issues with the touch screen on my 640 XL. I'm just curious if anyone else has had these types of problems with the Health app or if this is more likely an issue with my phone's touch screen having dead spots, or the phone just being too slow to register the commands smoothly.

Last edited:

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the Microsoft Health app much but it does have the look and feel of a work-in-progress compared to the apps for other fitness bands like Apple Watch and Fitbit. The Health app doesn't even make use of all the sensors in the original Band nearly a year after release yet. You have to use a third party app for that.

With Band 2, the Health app should continue to be improved. After all, Microsoft is a software company first right? They should be able to provide an app that is as good as or better than non-software companies.

Hopefully, any added functionality that doesn't rely on the barometer will be backward compatible with the original Band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett