Help finding the right size for Band 2

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm reading a lot on here people who had the medium band one opting for the small band 2

Now the band 2 is measured on wrist circumference can we all post so people who haven't got theirs yet (UK) get an idea as we have no stores to go in and try on

If you post your wrist circumference, band size and how closed the clasp it

This will give others a good idea.

My wrist is 18cm and have the medium band one which is closed about the middle of the clasp

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
If you can't make it to a store to try on a Band, you can also print out a sizing chart from Microsoft. Here it is shared from my OneDrive account: Band 2 Sizing Chart. You can print out the sheet, cut a strip from the side, wrap it around your wrist, and find the correct size.

Keep in mind this is for the US sizes, but if I remember correctly the Small, Medium, and Large sizes are universal in all countries. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a large Band 1 with the clasp in the middle because the medium was too tight for my comfort.

For Band 2, I went with medium and the clasp is right about in the middle for me so the new design is quite a bit larger IMO. But in a good way.

Via the Windows Central app on the Nexus 6

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you can't make it to a store to try on a Band, you can also print out a sizing chart from Microsoft.

Can anyone say if this sizing chart is accurate? I'm in Australia ordering a Band from the US so I can't try one out in store. I had a large V1 Band and it was just a little too big on its tightest setting.

This time I was planning to order a medium and judging by that linked sizing chart that will be ok. My wrist measures 166mm if I pull the tape measure tight in the narrowest part, 170mm if I let it a bit a looser so it feels firm but comfortable. BUT that puts me down the bottom end of the medium sizing so if that chart is off then I'd be better with a small. (Small 143 - 168 & Medium 162 - 188)

Last edited:

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today and ended up getting a small. The one on display at the store fit looser than the new one I bought. My new 'small' is tighter fitting than the small at the store. I'm guessing the loosen up a bit as you wear it.

LucyLovely

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought a medium today and on the tightest setting I can still fit a finger in between my wrist and the band. I think I am going back to trade it in for a small. My wrist is exactly 6 inches, and the biggest setting in the small is 6.6 so I think I will be alright. I got mine at Best Buy.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My wrist is about 6.5". I bought a medium and it was to big at the smallest setting so I took it back and got the small. Below is a picture of my Band 2 small.

Attachments

• band.jpg
    band.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 8

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
2 to 3 clicks. My wrist must in between the small and medium. When I tried the medium all they way to the last click is still moved a tab bit on my wrist. The small Band 2 adjusted all the way open fits a tab bit loose so 2 or 3 clicks fits nice.

Jim

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Band 1 I was a large. Got Band 2 in large using size chart from MSFT site and it was too big. Exchanged for a medium now fits well with 4 clicks. GF also was a medium with Band 1 and went with small for Band 2 with better fit.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone say if this sizing chart is accurate? I'm in Australia ordering a Band from the US so I can't try one out in store. I had a large V1 Band and it was just a little too big on its tightest setting.

This time I was planning to order a medium and judging by that linked sizing chart that will be ok. My wrist measures 166mm if I pull the tape measure tight in the narrowest part, 170mm if I let it a bit a looser so it feels firm but comfortable. BUT that puts me down the bottom end of the medium sizing so if that chart is off then I'd be better with a small. (Small 143 - 168 & Medium 162 - 188)

The sizing chart is not accurate. It recommended L, but I am clearly a M.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine, a medium. I'm not sure what to make of the sizing.

I'm a couple of clicks from the tightest setting and it definitely feels tight. However, there are gaps on both sides of my wrist so there's still horizontal movement. So, actually, it feels a lot like I'm wearing a first gen Band.

I'll have to visit a MS store to compare.

runningwithband

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, after wearing a small all weekend (picked up one at the local store), my Medium that I had pre-ordered arrived.

The medium is 2 clicks from as tight as it can go and still feels a little loose, while the small is open as far as it can go. Guess I'm in between sizes...

Andrew Elliott

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I live in South Africa and I also couldn't choose a size based on trying one on. So I went for large based on the sizing chart and if its too big I'm gonna buy a lot of doritos

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got to try a small. The rubber straps are snug to my skin, but I had to wear it on the loosest setting. There would be no room to accommodate swelling during a workout so it's definitely too small for me. My conclusion with the Band 2 is that it's the same size a the first gen, it's just that there's open space where the batteries had once been.

So I've been wearing my medium for several hours and I haven't found it to be too loose. It's more comfortable than the first gen but not a dramatic improvement. I do wish those side straps actually helped hold the band in place.

LucyLovely

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I brought my medium band back to Best Buy, and they had one small in stock but couldn't find it. GRRRRRR!!! Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Band 2 in Medium, and I'm 1 or 2 clicks next to the tightest setting. Tightest setting the band 2 doesn't move on my wrist so I thing Medium is ok (at least like this you can't see the metal underneath the clasp which is a good thing in my opinion)
Question: Do the Small and Medium Band 2 have the same width? Because with the Medium Band 2 I have some space between the Band and the arm on both sides..

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Band 2 in Medium, and I'm 1 or 2 clicks next to the tightest setting. Tightest setting the band 2 doesn't move on my wrist so I thing Medium is ok (at least like this you can't see the metal underneath the clasp which is a good thing in my opinion)
Question: Do the Small and Medium Band 2 have the same width? Because with the Medium Band 2 I have some space between the Band and the arm on both sides..

I'm wondering this too. Got a medium for my wife, but she has lots of room on either side of her wrist. I was wondering if the actual screen area was more curved or smaller in some way on the small to make it fit better on smaller wrists. Don't have a Microsoft store anywhere close to us so we can't just try them there.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering this too. Got a medium for my wife, but she has lots of room on either side of her wrist. I was wondering if the actual screen area was more curved or smaller in some way on the small to make it fit better on smaller wrists. Don't have a Microsoft store anywhere close to us so we can't just try them there.

I am also wondering this. I just got the large band and I have to have it on the tightest setting. If I slide the band closer to my hand, it actually feels a bit to loose. I'm not sure if there is enough overlap in the sizing on the medium and large, so I'm hesitant to return it. Does anyone know, if I have to have the large on the tightest setting, if the Medium would be able to expand to that size?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3