Band 2 Bugs + Defects

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the sleep tracking. Is this not a common issue then?

I have the same issue; it says I'm awake for long stretches of the night when I'm clearly not, and rarely registers restful sleep at night.

I certainly don't trust the sleep tracking feature.

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My haptic feedback stopped working today on my Band 2, 3 days after getting it. I exchanged my broken large for a medium at best buy with no receipt. Fits better and works :)

Last edited:

Dave Klaus

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft is not standing by their Product. I owned my Band 2 for just 5 weeks before it decided to fall apart, apparently just because I wore it every day. I'm not even that active, but my Band 2's band fell apart after only 5 weeks of use. My Band 1 lasted far longer, when the rubber started to peel on the underside of the Band 1, Microsoft gladly exchanged it. When I called about the new watch, my Band 2, they told me I would NOT get a free replacement, and I had to pay to have it repaired. BEWARE!
Less than 60 days old, and they will not replace it, I'm considering Small Claims Court

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
WP_20160213_14_04_41_Pro 1.jpg
walked into a Microsoft store and tried on the new Band 2. For giggles I put on a Medium and Large and tried out the HRM. FYI my Band 1 is pretty accurate when I work out. When I first got it, I compared it to my Wahoo chest strap and see that it was pretty spot on for walking and running activities.

This is just mind boggling that the other two Band 2 units are reading so different than my Band 1

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is not standing by their Product. I owned my Band 2 for just 5 weeks before it decided to fall apart, apparently just because I wore it every day. I'm not even that active, but my Band 2's band fell apart after only 5 weeks of use. My Band 1 lasted far longer, when the rubber started to peel on the underside of the Band 1, Microsoft gladly exchanged it. When I called about the new watch, my Band 2, they told me I would NOT get a free replacement, and I had to pay to have it repaired. BEWARE!
Less than 60 days old, and they will not replace it, I'm considering Small Claims Court

There is something you are not telling us.

Last night my Band 2 strap cracked open.
This morning I logged onto the Microsoft site, registered my Band 2, called them and was informed that I could:
A. Take my band 2 to any Microsoft store and swap it out for a new one, no questions asked no money
B. Ship my band 2 to support and they would ship me another free of charge

They stand by their product. They know there are durability issues with this model and informed me the engineers are working on a solution.
You get a 1 year warranty and free replacements.

Why dont you tell us the WHOLE story.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to post back that I took my Band 2 with a cracked open strap to the Microsoft Store this Saturday.

They swapped it out for a brand new one out of the box right there in front of me. No fuss no muss.

The store has been doing a lot of that and Microsoft knows there is something wrong with the compound they used so they are not giving any grief on exchanging them.

I fully expect to have to do this again until they fix the issue.

MCTM

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I have had exactly the same problem as the original poster, after 2 months the wrist band cracked exposing the wiring. I purchased the band online from Microsoft as I have no store near me. I rang the support number and returned the band for inspection (and, I naively assumed, replacement). But no, they've returned the band to me saying that they will not replace/refund under warranty.

I am furious and will be taking this further. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that this is not an unusual occurrence and the way that people are being treated varies greatly.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that and @MCTM if they did that to me I would be taking it as far as I could as well.

The strap cracking is a known flaw in design and Microsoft should be replacing it for free. There should be no refusal to replace and I would demand a refund if they did not replace it.

Without seeing pictures of your band I cannot completely condemn Microsoft. I'm not saying you are a liar or are trying to pull something but maybe there is something Microsoft is seeing on your band to refuse it.

My band was used heavily and even had some scratches on the frame and screen. I ran, played tennis, and lifted weights with my band.
Again the store employees and the phone rep all acknowledged that the strap cracking open was a known issue and flaw in the design.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had exactly the same problem as the original poster, after 2 months the wrist band cracked exposing the wiring. I purchased the band online from Microsoft as I have no store near me. I rang the support number and returned the band for inspection (and, I naively assumed, replacement). But no, they've returned the band to me saying that they will not replace/refund under warranty.

I am furious and will be taking this further. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that this is not an unusual occurrence and the way that people are being treated varies greatly.

There is a vast and very disturbing gulf between how customers are being treated with in-store returns vs. mail in service. In my own experience, I was refused with my Band 1 due to "excessive wear", and we have seen several other similar experiences here on the forum. Face to face returns always seem to result in no hassle replacements. As I've pointed out before, I guess its much easier to say 'no' when you don't have to face the customer. I will never try to get a replacement from MS again after my experience. When a product is used in the way it is intended to be used and fails within the warranty period, it should be replaced. That the product is not designed in such a way so as to withstand the sort of use it is marketed for, should not be used as an excuse not to replace it. Obviously MS Store personnel and MS customer service reps are not on the same page.

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
To save battery during exercise it is suggested to turn off the screen with power button. For me instead of turning off - the watch appears and the watch is shown all the time during exercise. So it's either statistics of workout or the watch... Is there any setting to turn of both? The watch is in rotating mode.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Got latest Fast Ring build 14283 the other day. It was a long download/install on my 950XL but seems to be good so far.

Except when it comes to re-pairing the Band 2.

Band 2 lost connection to Health app I think after the update. Tried hard resetting the Band. Ensured Band was removed as a recognized Bluetooth device in WP settings. When pairing the Band says it was successful but Health app says there was an error. I also uninstalled/reinstalled Health a couple of times but no luck.

I think I tried everything but I do not plan to reset WP because it's a freakin' hassle :confused:

Ideas? Anyone else have an issue now with Insider/Band2?

rfcdejong

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, after the update the health app does not see my band anymore even tho my lumia 950XL is paired and my band 2 also sees my phone (re-paired). I tried alot, rebootting, repairing and reinstalling health app. No success so far. I think it is a new bug and you are the only one I found who also has the issue.

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on fast ring too. Updates were funny with what you guys mentioned. Eventually the update was successful. However, I don't get ANY notifications on my band. Messages, phone calls, email, alarm. Bleh

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
To save battery during exercise it is suggested to turn off the screen with power button. For me instead of turning off - the watch appears and the watch is shown all the time during exercise. So it's either statistics of workout or the watch... Is there any setting to turn of both? The watch is in rotating mode.

Hi marchius,

If you have Watch Mode enabled then the screen will not fully turn off turn while in the Exercise, Run, or Bike tile. My team tries to balance battery life with user asks, for the case when watch mode was turned on we chose to respect the user's preference for always showing the time. In the future we might add a toggle switch inside the tiles that can change this behavior, since it is a sizable difference in battery life.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue, after the update the health app does not see my band anymore even tho my lumia 950XL is paired and my band 2 also sees my phone (re-paired). I tried alot, rebootting, repairing and reinstalling health app. No success so far. I think it is a new bug and you are the only one I found who also has the issue.

<SNIP>
Band 2 lost connection to Health app I think after the update. Tried hard resetting the Band. Ensured Band was removed as a recognized Bluetooth device in WP settings. When pairing the Band says it was successful but Health app says there was an error. I also uninstalled/reinstalled Health a couple of times but no luck.

I think I tried everything but I do not plan to reset WP because it's a freakin' hassle :confused:

Ideas? Anyone else have an issue now with Insider/Band2?

Hi rfcdejong and signal-2-noise,

Current fastring build have a known issues with Band. Changing your phone's language (even to another variant of your native language) will (at least temporarily) fix the problem.

See more on the Windows Blog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3