Band 2 Bugs + Defects

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Both, the Band and Band II have been accepted by Microsoft for warranty return and replacement. Will see, meanwhile Fitbit Surge is on my wrist. Not as informative as the Band's and will miss the Stock Market updates. Will see what the Replacements are like from Microsoft when the new replacements come next week. Will probably still use them as for their information capabilities and use the Fitbit for workouts.

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
The new replacement Band 2 is back on my wrist and the little woman wears the replacement Band. We will see again. I loved the Fitbit Surge and will use it for workouts. Only gripe about the Surge is its small screen size of printed words which require I wear no line bifocals all the time which I hate. So Band 2 is my daily driver again. Lol

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
ack. well, my Band 2 is now occasionally not responding to button pushes, especially in the mornings. It comes back to life only when plugged back on the charger. At which point it'll wake up and tell me "Welcome back! Battery ran out, please set date and time." When in reality, it usually has 75% or more battery left. :p

Maybe I got it wet or something. Rats...

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Inform Microsoft, get your FedEx barcoad and print it, send it to them and 10 days you get a new one. Love the Bands but also loved the Fitbit program just not the small screen on the Surge. I wear it when working out or working on the weekends.

Damion Saunders1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I have had my band 2 about 2 months now and have to be fair I love it.

However since the rebrand which apparently did not update the bands firmware i am constantly being asked if I would like to turn the power off. This is extremely annoying and to make matters worse if you select Yes it does not turn the band off.

Please issue a patch for this as it is getting more than annoying and is very dangerous when I am riding my bike.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had my band 2 about 2 months now and have to be fair I love it.

However since the rebrand which apparently did not update the bands firmware i am constantly being asked if I would like to turn the power off. This is extremely annoying and to make matters worse if you select Yes it does not turn the band off.

Please issue a patch for this as it is getting more than annoying and is very dangerous when I am riding my bike.

This is the first time I've heard of this issue, so I don't think there will be any patch issued, since it doesn't seem to be a wide-spread problem. I don't know if you've tried anything to fix this yet or not, but here's a couple of ideas. First, I'd try deleting and then re-installing the app. If that doesn't do it, I'd do a reset on the Band and then set it up again fresh. If neither of these fixes it, I'd be contacting MS to get their ideas. If they can't come up with anything, then its time to request a replacement, because this certainly is not normal behavior.

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Another week has passed and the Fitbit Surge worked well thru the weekend and mid week use cycle. Now it is back to the Band again for this weekend. Have to say I like both for different reasons. The fitbit program is terrific while the Band program is more informative with the tile selections. All being said if the fitbit Surge had a larger print/message format I would like it better, thus I can read the Band on the wrist the best and the Fit bit program better on the I phone 6+. So there is comfort with the Band 3 and ruggedness with the Surge. That being said the BAnd gets worn as a dress up item and the Surge for practicality. The phone and sync in the truck both readily adapt to my needs immediately with either watch.

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Am still extremely pleased with the fitbit surge and the iPhone 6+ program, the Microsoft still not bug free and is somewhat of a pain in the *** at times and it won't Bluetooth with the Sync in my truck. Meanwhile the lil womans band 1 is already becoming a PITA to charge after just 3 weeks. Will probably trade her the Band 3 and just use my Surge soon.

NirosNasaro

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Inform Microsoft, get your FedEx barcoad and print it, send it to them and 10 days you get a new one. Love the Bands but also loved the Fitbit program just not the small screen on the Surge. I wear it when working out or working on the weekends.
I have replaced 3 Bands 2 @ my friendly local Microsoft Store. The last one that I got, about 4 months ago is even from a lot number that is bigger than 1608, so it was supposed to have thicker skin... It broke just a few days ago, still on the inside. I'll be heading to the store again and hope they still carry a replacement

NirosNasaro

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
How is your experience with the Surge so far? Are you getting all the texts and calls alerts? My Band 2 is dying again, I'll try to replace it but I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit for the real heavy lifting eg sweat,rain and some occasional hits while exercising

DCTonkaTruck

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey WC Fans (wow, that doesn't work that well, does it?),

Just to give you a quick update, my strap started to split again in mid-December. Luckily, I was able to send it back for a replacement about 3 days before the warranty expired. Unfortunately, after about a month and ten days, I heard yesterday that they have decided to refund my money rather than send me a replacement. (I might complain that they are refunding the most recent price for the device and not what I paid for it.... but, I got to wear a great device for a couple years AND I get 85% of my money back.. that's more than fair).

Anyway, I'm off the BAND2 Train and I'm off the Lumia Icon Train. I really want to start using Microsoft Band/Health app, but...

NirosNasaro

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same when I go to the store with my 4th Band 2 that broke... I've really tried and I still love the band but the fact that they killed it and the frustrating sync and connectivity issues made me decide to move to a Fitbit. I'll still keep my 950XL until Redstone 3. If that doesn't make W10 mobile work at least as fluid and as clean and nice as in the W8 era, I'll be forced to consider my other options.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The band on my 2 started to split so I put in a ticket, sent my Medium Band 2 back and got a brand new one. In a new retail box with charger! The support person did say stock is starting to deplete and if the size needed was no longer available, a refund would be issued. I'm covered through 12/17.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3