Band 2 On Windows Phone Vs. Android

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the luxury to have tested the BAND 2 on a Windows Phone and Android Phone and here's a quick rundown...

Windows Phone (1520)

* Unreliable on Insider Windows 10. Bluetooth connection always dropping out. Delayed notifications, etc.
* On Windows 8.1, flawless. Cortana works great too for voice to text.

Android (Note 5)

* No Bluetooth Drops At All
* Microsoft Health App syncs way more often than the Windows Phone version.
* Notifications like crazy. And that is expected from Android's notification system. Kind of nice to have more notifications but can drive you nuts when it notifies you that the "Samsung Keyboard" is selected or updates on Fast Charging, or when Microsoft Health syncs. Can't find a way to reduce the notifications...

All and all, I applaud Microsoft for making this Band 2 cross platform...it works like a charm on both platforms.

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My primary device is an Android phone, but also have a Lumia Icon. There are better customization apps for Windows, but you can't sync the Band to 2 devices. So I haven't found a way to use the customization app on Windows, but continue to sync on Android.

You can go in on Android and stop most of the annoying notifications, like the "syncing to Microsoft Health" one that kept popping up. Microsoft Health > Hamburger Menu > Manage Tiles > Notification Center > Change notification center apps > toggle whatever you want on/off. I found it easier to deselect all, then turning on what I wanted.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
My primary device is an Android phone, but also have a Lumia Icon. There are better customization apps for Windows, but you can't sync the Band to 2 devices. So I haven't found a way to use the customization app on Windows, but continue to sync on Android.

You can go in on Android and stop most of the annoying notifications, like the "syncing to Microsoft Health" one that kept popping up. Microsoft Health > Hamburger Menu > Manage Tiles > Notification Center > Change notification center apps > toggle whatever you want on/off. I found it easier to deselect all, then turning on what I wanted.

Thanks...totally forgot I could go that deep into the tiles settings. Thanks...will play around with them to see which ones turns off the SELECT KEYBOARD notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720