Why won't my Microsoft Band connect to my Android phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why won't microsoft band connect to Android phone?

I just got the new LG v10 running android 5.1.1 and I cannot connect to my original microsoft band. I've run through all the basic trouble shooting steps on the microsoft support pages, but the phone will not recognize it. It will pair, but then I cannot connect to the band within the microsoft health app, and the band just freezes on the screen stating it's been paired. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here? I just got this thing a month or so ago, it'd be a real shame if I couldn't use it anymore.

Stephen3

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem, with the exact same phone. The band connects fine to my old phone that's also running Lollipop, but it's AOSP, not LG's modified version.

Basically, you're not crazy, and the problem seems to be something LG did with the software. I'm gonna try to get this figured out.

For now, do you have another device (maybe an old phone?) to sync it to? That's the only way I've been able to use it, which is a shame.

Thomas Philbrick

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have Verizon LG G3 phone, just upgraded to Android 5.1.1 today, using last year MS band.

Mine will sync and I can see my dashboard on the MS health dashboard.

Will MS have an update to their software so this will work?

Thanks,
-Tom

Thomas Philbrick

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Update: I uninstalled MS Health, reinstalled and that got the home screen to show up again! I did have to go through and change what apps can alert my phone, but everything else came forward just fine! This issue raised due to upgrade of my Verizon LG3 to Android 5.1.1.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Also having the same issue on the LG V10. Did a full reset of the band. The app sees the band when pairing, but when you select the band it says sorry we can't see your band. Frustrating because it worked flawlessly on the G4 and all my Windows phones.

Michael Gatzonis

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Band version 1:
I have the same problem with user ajb1965 (paired but cannot connect) with 2 different phones: Alcatel OneTouch Idol X+ Dual Sim [model 6043D] and Sony Xperia C4 [model E5303]. I have tried every possible mentioned solution (reset band, phone etc) with no luck. No problem from desktop. I hope a solution will come up soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss