Anybody else finding these things annoying?

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
So I finally got my first microsoft band yesterday and have been trying it out (have been using android wear for the past year) and have some questions. Why does Cortana open on my phone when I use her on my band 2? That seems kinda weird especially when your phone is most likely going to be in your pocket. Also how do you use voice responses to respond to skype messages and emails? I know you can for SMS but there doesn't seem to be an option for skype at the very least even though I use it though the same software I send SMS though. And is there anyways to have the Band 2 auto sync with the health app? It seems I have to hit the sync button to get the data to sync up. I really hope future software\firmware updates fix most of these problems. Maybe i'm just spoiled from how streamlined everything worked on my android wear watch? lol

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, Cortana opens up on your phone because the band is limited in it's features when accessing her. Also the firmware that the band uses is not Windows. It seems that the developers have their work cut out for them. Great concept and a great product but there are some corks and noticeable limitations that need some attention.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree that having Skype streamlined with messaging (similar to how they have with WM10) would be nice. I haven't had an issue with syncing though it connects when I open the app each time.

The thing that I am having troubles with is the messaging and alerts. I was hoping that if I dismiss an alarm, a message or reply to a message from my band that it would mark that on my phone. But it doesn't currently, so I'm having to go into my phone and dismiss something that I already have from the band. Does anyone have this issue also?

Running: Band 2 & Lumia 920 on Windows 10 Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium