Food and Microsoft health, how can I sync them?

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Food and Microsoft health

I didn't realize Fitbit stopped sending food info to the healthvault and with no msn food and drink I dont see how food gets added to healthvault or factored in to the health app. I feel the calories goal on the health app is in a way a lie since my intake is not getting factored in. whats up with that?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Food and Microsoft health

I didn't realize Fitbit stopped sending food info to the healthvault and with no msn food and drink I dont see how food gets added to healthvault or factored in to the health app. I feel the calories goal on the health app is in a way a lie since my intake is not getting factored in. whats up with that?

Isn't the caloric goal on the health app tracking burned calories? What you're consuming doesn't really affect what's burned, so I don't see how it's a lie.

luke31

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Food and Microsoft health

Yea you aren't tracking your net calories, you are tracking calories burned. Whether you ate a salad or a cheeseburger, you burned the same amount of calories during your jog or workout.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm i guess im used to fitbit telling me how many calories i should be burning when factoring in my intake and my goal weight.....if that makes sense

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame that Microsoft didn't integrate the fitness portion of the discontinued MSN health/fitness app into the Microsoft Health app. The daily/weekly calorie calculator and food tracker were very nice features. Hopefully those features can be added to the Health app in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb