Band 2 Dead after 7 days! Won't Turn on! How can I fix it?

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Band 2 Dead after 7 days! Won't Turn on!

Pre-ordered my band the minute it went on sale. I received it in Oct 31st, and started using it the next day. Yesterday, I tried charging my band 2 up with no luck. It was completely dead. I called MSFT, and Tech support didn't offer trouble shooting. End result is I have to send my Band 2 back and hope for a replacement. That will take 2 weeks or longer. Not exactly the customer service I was hoping for. Anyone else having similar issues, know of a fix? I did buy complete care, so I guess I'll be covered in the end. Hoping my new Band 2 makes it longer than a week.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

1) Did it just turn off and not turn on again?

My little sisters ipod (5th gen) randomly turned off at 70% and 3 weeks later automagically turned back on again.. at 70%. :confused:

2) Any chance it got soaked pretty badly?

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

1) Did it just turn off and not turn on again?

My little sisters ipod (5th gen) randomly turned off at 70% and 3 weeks later automagically turned back on again.. at 70%. :confused:

2) Any chance it got soaked pretty badly?

Nope, no exposure to water. Just wore it while exercising. Very strange.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

Nope, no exposure to water. Just wore it while exercising. Very strange.

That is pretty strange maybe some how the battery circuit got damaged?

As the battery is now underneath/top of the clasp (depending on user perception) as opposed to the sides.

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

That is pretty strange maybe some how the battery circuit got damaged?

As the battery is now underneath/top of the clasp (depending on user perception) as opposed to the sides.

Could be. Of course everything on the outside looks great. Aside from this disappointment, I love the Band 2. Ill let you know how their customer service finishes things. Thanks!

senrabwh

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Keep us posted :).
So, Microsoft was sold out of small bands. Their escalation team called me and notified me. I called the local Best Buy and they had one in stock. So I chose to take a refund and buy my replacement at BB. For my inconvenience, the MSFT team member gave me a coupon code to use in store. Very satisfied with their customer service! Mu wife is happy she will have her band back this afternoon when she gets home from work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6