Band vs Band 2, what's the big diff?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, the Band 2 has a better profile/shape and an extra sensor, Barometer for altitude.

Are there any other major differences? Are there any limitations as far as what apps we can use with the Band 2 that won't work on the original Band?

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, the Band 2 has a better profile/shape and an extra sensor, Barometer for altitude.

Are there any other major differences? Are there any limitations as far as what apps we can use with the Band 2 that won't work on the original Band?

More durable. I've gone through 2 band 1's.. From what I've seen the band 2 is much better built. Much higher screen quality. Curved. Heart rate sender is located in a better spot. Everything is improved.. Just a much high quality device

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
  • Better fit (curved display)
  • Bigger display (can show more)
  • UV monitoring
  • Stairs (barometer)
  • Flexible wake-up.

All said, if you can stand the fit of the Band 1, it's at least 75% of the functionality at less than 50% of the price.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Other than the barometer, I don't see much of a difference. I have the Band 1 and don't see much of a reason to upgrade at this point. Now, if my band breaks I will try and get it replaced with a band 2. I got mine at best Buy and got the 2 extra year warranty so I have 2 1/2 years left on it.

The only tile I have seen so far that doesn't work on band 1 but does on band 2 is the Windows Central tile. But, with the app RSS Band-It I can still have an equivalent WC tile on my band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb