Microsoft Band 2 Sleep Detection

Jermaine Bridges

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone gotten auto sleep detection to work on the Band 2? I've tried a few times and the article in this site provides no clear directions. Is this even a feature for the band 2?

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My band detects sleep automatically every night. I just wear it to bed. Have you checked your Microsoft health app to see if it has been working?

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My auto sleep detection has been working flawlessly....even naps. What I find is that the data for it shows up much later and is not instantaneous.

BlueCube4

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Automatic sleep detection working for me as well. It's not that far off from the FitBit Surge when I where them both at night.

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the same as SeeVuPlay, it works great but the data is sometimes delayed getting to the app. Many nights I use the tile since I want to make sure the alarm is set, but on weekends when I can sleep in I forget to start the app with the sleep tile and it works seamlessly.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine auto-detects sleep just like the original Band, but it usually takes 2 or 3 hours before it shows up in my dashboard as detected sleep (again, just like with the original Band).

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the sleep tile every night. Last night, I woke up after 3 1/2 hours. After trying to go back to sleep for an hour I gave up and ended the sleep program. After laying in bed for while I fell back asleep for 1 1/2 hours. When I woke up I realized that I did not restart the sleep tile, but I thought it would auto detect the sleep. It did not, it only recorded the original 3 1/2 hour sleep.

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the sleep tile every night. Last night, I woke up after 3 1/2 hours. After trying to go back to sleep for an hour I gave up and ended the sleep program. After laying in bed for while I fell back asleep for 1 1/2 hours. When I woke up I realized that I did not restart the sleep tile, but I thought it would auto detect the sleep. It did not, it only recorded the original 3 1/2 hour sleep.

The band probably did not record that particular sleep because you didn't fall asleep for 2 hours or over, see extract from Microsoft Band link below.

" •Because sleep detection is motion based, if you’re inactive for at least two hours (for example, while reading a book or watching a movie), your band might detect your inactivity as sleep."

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-and-exercise%2Fsleep-tracking&token=R4xmMLi5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers