Cleaning Band 2

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Thought for sure this topic would have been discussed but I could not find anything using search.

Do you have any tips on how to keep the Band 2 clean?

On my Band 1 I only used a microfiber cloth and some water after ever workout (almost daily). Towards the end it started to loose the black protection film covering the battery so I started to use Zeiss Lens Cleaner instead of water.

Using the ZLC on my Band 2 seems to be working fine but was wondering what other people are doing? Is there a cleaner available made specifically to clean sweat?

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody noticed a build up on the back of the Band 2 when wearing it screen-side in? I assume it is just sweat and such from daily wear, but I'm not sure the proper way to clean up since the cleaning and care site for the Band shows the first model with the charger on the wrist.

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on a piece of cloth and wipe the band all over with it to clean off sweat, and dead skin accumulation along with keeping the charging contacts clean. I did the same with my Band 1 and the first one's rubber deteriorated dramatically so I figured that I would clean my warranty replacement band 1 by just wiping it with a dry cloth, that one too deteriorated within 6 months so I don't think the alcohol was a huge factor I think it was just an awful material choice in terms of rubber by MS.

I've had the band 2 one month and the change of rubber material is definitely more resilient to deterioration. I've had no issues when cleaning it with alcohol.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on a piece of cloth and wipe the band all over with it to clean off sweat, and dead skin accumulation along with keeping the charging contacts clean. I did the same with my Band 1 and the first one's rubber deteriorated dramatically so I figured that I would clean my warranty replacement band 1 by just wiping it with a dry cloth, that one too deteriorated within 6 months so I don't think the alcohol was a huge factor I think it was just an awful material choice in terms of rubber by MS.

I've had the band 2 one month and the change of rubber material is definitely more resilient to deterioration. I've had no issues when cleaning it with alcohol.

Good to know. Thank you for the tip!

HomeBound12

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I rinse mine under old fashioned water...

At first I was panicking that it would stop working but really no issues...

Now I don't even bother taking it off while in shower.

It's still doing perfectly fine...
It's to a point where I'm 100 confident that it would be ok in the swimming pool...
I'll try this in a week or two... mind you I would not push mu luck with pressing buttons while playing in water...

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I rinse mine under old fashioned water...

At first I was panicking that it would stop working but really no issues...

Now I don't even bother taking it off while in shower.

It's still doing perfectly fine...
It's to a point where I'm 100 confident that it would be ok in the swimming pool...
I'll try this in a week or two... mind you I would not push mu luck with pressing buttons while playing in water...

Wow that's pretty brave of you! I don't think I'd be doing that with a $250 smart watch that isn't supposed to be exposed to water, but maybe that is just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss