"make sure bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this error whenever I try to use cortana on my new band 2 paired to my 1520 running windows 10 10586.11.

Any ideas how to fix it? restarting both devices hasn't helped.

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue on my new band 2 yesterday. rebooted my phone, opened Bluetooth settings on my phone and tapped the band to manually force connect. has been working since then so far.

Using a Lumia 920 with WP 8.1.
Let me know if that works for you

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here 1520 as well
had to factory reset the band twice now back to factory :?(

My band seems to to prefer to try to pair with random peoples iPhones rather than mine

Also it seems my band 2 shows it self as "Macs Band ee:xx" and weirdly "Macs Band ee:xx LE"
showing a choice of 2 on my 1520 phone - I dont get that

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
This issue seems to come and go. It's incredibly frustrating and I don't know if it's windows 10 or the band. Almost making me want to return the band 2

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. Latest WM10 build on my Lumia 640. I can receive texts, but responding never works, and Cortana ESPECIALLY never works. Hope they fix this soon...

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. Latest WM10 build on my Lumia 640. I can receive texts, but responding never works, and Cortana ESPECIALLY never works. Hope they fix this soon...

my 1520 I can reply to text with Cortana voice rec or text keyboard here
but having said that Cortana is very picky (random) weather she wants to help me

waiting for wp10 final before I decide

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm still getting this same error despite the recent band firmware update (Build 2.0.3923.0 26 R) and despite the windows 10 mobile OS update (10586.29), and despite the fact that I deleted and repaired the band 2 from the health app.

This is really frustrating and unacceptable performance from a brand new $380 (Canadian) device.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with a Lumia 950 unlocked dual sim and a Band 2. I get notifications no problem and with the latest update I can control my music player and volume controls with the Band. However I cannot use the band to communicate with the phone to start an app or reply to a text etc. If I do after is saying "just a sec" it will say "make sure bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

Very frustrating. The same issue occurred with my lumia 1020 using the latest W10 version.

Is MS aware that this is an issue? With two of their newest products it should "just work".

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
No crap, it should just work. Cant reply to text ever unless I open the MS Health app. Tried deleting band, resetting it and repairing the band after uninstalling/reinstalling ms health.

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my 1520. Did a warranty exchange. New one works great!

Are you saying that a replacement for your Band 2 fixed the problem? I really hope I don't have to go through another replacement debacle. I replaced my Band 1 three times before I finally got rid of it.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem has to be with Windows 10, not the Band. I never had a problem with my Lumia 920. Within a day or two of getting the 950 the problems began.

For a couple of weeks I could reestablish connectivity by simply going to the Health app and forcing a sync. But that stopped working too. Then I got the OS update and it seemed to fix the issue. Things were good for a couple of days and now it's back to the same crap. Restarts, deleting Bluetooth profiles, forcing syncs, none of it works.

So my Band is stuck working as a fitness tracker and nothing more. More than anything this is eroding my positivity towards the platform. I have to imagine that people within the halls of Microsoft have been experiencing these very issues. How fixing interoperability between Microsoft's own devices hasn't been prioritized is beyond me.

kds

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
The problem has to be with Windows 10, not the Band. I never had a problem with my Lumia 920. Within a day or two of getting the 950 the problems began.

Yeah, I think this is it. I started out using my Band with Android and it was flawless. But then I switched to a Lumia 635 with the latest Insider build and I have had the same issues occasionally.

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is a known confirmed issue, we are still investigating root causes. Apologizes for the delay on this, we are all suffering the exact same pain!

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
For what it is worth, I have used my Band 2 on three different phones since I got it in November. I never had any issues whatsoever when it was hooked up to my iPhone 5s. Everything just worked.
I then hooked it up to a Lumia 635 running 8.1. It all actually worked well with little sync issues.
I have now been using it over the last three days on a Lumia 1520 with 8.1. It was syncing fine this morning. Now I am getting the same error everyone else has. It literally just synced three minutes ago and now it cannot connect.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same error and discovered that it was just because cortana was not set up on the phone! After the OS upgrade to the newest build you need to reconfigure cortana by reinstalling or restarting it. Basically they are just a few basic steps. But after that Cortana worked on the Band 2 again. (this applies to the latest .36 build)

Tunno79

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact same error and discovered that it was just because cortana was not set up on the phone! After the OS upgrade to the newest build you need to reconfigure cortana by reinstalling or restarting it. Basically they are just a few basic steps. But after that Cortana worked on the Band 2 again. (this applies to the latest .36 build)

Please advise how you "reinstall or restart" Cortana. I have Cortana configured on my phone and it works fine. I am using a Lumia 950 Dual SIm unlocked. Issue continues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa