Microsoft Band 2 Doesn't Work With Lumia 950XL (yet)?

willy_013

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Same issue, Band 2 was working good with Lumia 950 XL and after a Phone reset I started to get errors sync messages on the app, after several attempts the band just freeze in black screen, the only way to wake it up Is connect it to the cable charger and then shows on the screen "Welcome Back, Battery ran out, please set date and time" The time that is on the Band is the last time that synced with the cellphone. (Battery at 92%)
Turning of Bluetooth stopped the "freeze issue" but now is only a watch :(.
Tried PhilWitt suggestion and results are the same. Thanks.
Hope we get a fix soon.

---EDIT---
Freeze black screen still persist - Now is impossible to use the Band. Contacted Microsoft support and he said that Microsoft engineers are working hard to fix the issue with Lumia 950 XL compatibility.

Last edited:

lovesurface

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I consider myself a ******... but it is hard to forgive them not to fix this BEFORE the release date... band 2 is silent from monday, the day I got my 950XL. I realized it after a couple of days... no notification and so on... then i said WTF? i will try everything you wrote here... i do love my band and do really love 950xl. but i am missing my previous config 1520+band 1!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Band 2 Doesn't Work With Lumia 950XL (yet)

Check your Health app for an update. The update fixed an issue for some of us on the Band 1 and may help your issues too.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So I didn't read ALL the comments. But I had this issue as well initially... Restarted my phone and it went through smooth as butter. Everything works now. :)

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This is ABSURD!!! One more stupid thing that MS cant figure out....Is it beyond belief that we cant pair the FLAGSHIP MS phone to their Band 2?

What a joke....

I'm now stuck using my 1020 to pair and update my daily BAND workouts....How many more excuses are we all going to give MS?

You're absurd. You can't figure out how to follow clearly written instructions to pair a phone and a band.
It works. The only errors in the process are user errors.

lianglqufo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
You're absurd. You can't figure out how to follow clearly written instructions to pair a phone and a band.
It works. The only errors in the process are user errors.

That's not quite true. The fact the some of the 950/950XL cannot get 10586.29 is related to this pairing issue I suppose.
I couldn't get the update before and did the hard reset as they told me that will solve the update issue.
I got the update, and can pair my band with my 950XL no problem.

So, the point is: it's not users don't know how to pair the band with the phone. It's the fact that some of the 950/950XL have some sort of bug that keeping them from pairing the band.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Been working fine on my regular 950 from Day 1, except no Cortana or Text reply. Tried various repairing, resets, etc, but no luck yet. Kind of annoying after having this stuff work better on my 920 with Win8.1. Iron these bugs out MS!!

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Last week's OS update fixed the problem I had been having... For a couple of days.

Now I'm back to the same nonsense where texting and Cortana refuse to work. Health continues to sync but even that isn't doing so as quickly and reliably as it once did. After a recent update to the Health app I even got a syncing problem notification I had never seen before.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Band 2 and L950XL. Band has never been paired with anything before.
It paired up okay, but after a few hours noticed it wasn't updating.
Following MS instructions, I removed it from app and phone, hard reset the band, uninstalled and reinstalled MS Health and started over.
Did this probably three times.
SD card on phone failed (has never happened before, probably related) and Band failed to sync.
Removed SD card. Ran Windows Recovery Tool on Phone. Have reformatted SD card but not installed, wanted to make sure Band was working first.
Paired Band with BT, (successful) then tried app, no luck. App just "can't find" the Band.
Removed from BT, tried paring straight through app (that's how it worked the very first time), no luck.
Hard reset Band, restart phone, try again. No luck.
Have now been working at it for more than 24 hours.
Have put off my run this morning until it was working, getting extremely frustrated.

Full factory reset on Band itself helps, waiting see if it loses connection again.

Last edited:

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had to pair multiple times in the app before it stuck. Keep trying there before changing anything else. On a sidenote, just discovered the Wordflow keyboard is terrible now. Fix this stuff MS, or lose us forever!

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Heh - I lived through Motoactv. MS won't lose me because of this.
But really - A little tinkering is fine, but this is crazy.

Speaking of Motoactv, that thing would play music without a phone. Wish the Band could do that!

ETA: Went for run, got back and it's not syncing already. :( Had to force sync the app.

TenchiZ06

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone solve the "connecting" issue with Cortana/keyboard text replies?

There's three of us in our family with Band 2s, one 950XL and two 950s. All of us have the same problem.

This used to work when we first got the phones, but after the updates, we get stuck in the "connecting" state. Everything else works ok.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping the new .107 would've changed something but nada, always can get it working for a short while but when you would actually like to use it, it can't be relied on

Johnazz

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm also totally in rage about what happened here:
Bought a band 2 a few weeks ago and everything worked perfectly with my Lumia 950. No problem whatsoever. But, I ordered the large band and decided to sell it on ebay to get a medium one instead.
Today the medium arrived and guess what. After pairing and connecting I also got the message when getting ready: Oops, something went wrong.
Tried absolutely everything everyone said here but no joy.
I eventually took out my old htc one and to my surprise everthing worked smoothly. I'm now considering using my old phone instead. Can you ffing believe this ****? Makes my blood boil. Sorry I can't help anyone. Can only hope for a quick app update.... Sigh...

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine has worked perfectly fine on my 950xl since day 1, this is my 2nd band too (the strap broke on the other one), ive been on every developer preview OS too. Good luck to you guys

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine has worked perfectly fine on my 950xl since day 1, this is my 2nd band too (the strap broke on the other one), ive been on every developer preview OS too. Good luck to you guys
Yeah I'm calling BS, you are obviously not using your Band 2 as a smartwatch. My phone and text notifications just stopped working, after my email notifications stopped working after the previous update. After my Cortana support and keyboard replies have basically never worked. Windows 10 Mobile SUCKS, end of story. MS should just throw in the towel, and move all mobile efforts to Android.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I only have real problems with cortana communicating. Notifications tile, text tile works fine.. health stuff always syncing. With my 950XL.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you lived in San Diego i could clearly show you, i get all my text and notifications, sometimes even before my phone does. Only problem ive had was the cracking strap itself which was replaced no problem at the microsoft store. I run every other day, use the sleep function every night, and goto the gym with guided workouts - maybe ive just been lucky. Only thing that doesnt work randomly is the alarm clock in sleep mode

Johnazz

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Fixed it! Changed the language on my phone to English (was Dutch) and chose English as a language on the Band and that worked. Finally. Now I'm going to try and change the language again. Keep you posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion