Why isn't my Band 2 receiving text messages (sms)?

femi otenaike

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
my band 2 is not recieving text messages (sms).

it was working on windows phone 8.1 but since I updated to windows phone 10 build I stopped receiving text messages on my band 2. all other notifications work fine. I have tried to toggle messages off and on in the Microsoft health app, but it dint resolve it. I hope the next update will address this issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this same issue. Worked fine on my Lumia 925, but I just upgraded to 950xl and i no longer get text, emails.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: my band 2 is not recieving text messages (sms).

My Band 1 and Band 2 both worked well with my 920 and 1020, but I upgraded to the Lumia 950 24 hours ago and I'm also no longer receiving any notifications. It looks like the Microsoft Health app is syncing with the Band 2 just fine though. Any thoughts?

ThaFunk

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running into this problem. I am running the lumia 735 on WM10. I get Cortana and email notifications as well as phone call notifications but Text messages aren't showing up on the band, neither is anything from the general notifications tile. I've tried unregistering/re registering the band, still no luck. Web searches haven't revealed a solution. Is this a WM10 issue?

jmf54321

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Oddly enough worked great on my 1520 (8.1), then upgraded by mistake to unlocked 950 (notifications worked fine) , returned it and got an ATT 950 and now text notifications dont work.

jmf54321

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if anyone's fixed this but if not, FINALLY got mine to work.

1. Turn off bluetooth on Band
2. Uninstall MS Health app
3. Wait about 15 minutes.
4. Reinstall MS Health app. You should be prompted to allow MS Health app to use push notifications.
5. Let it set up all the way till you see your daily stats.
6. Once thats done turn bluetooth back on, on Band
7. Go to MS Health app and click my band, should pair back up.

Have someone send a test text.

femi otenaike

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
yay!! solved it. i uninstalled Microsoft health app and re installed it. then restarted my phone. i also reset my band to factory settings then sync with the newly installed Microsoft health app.:wink:

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not receiving general notifications :-( All other notifications work. I've tried reinstalling the Health app and resetting/re-pairing the band, but so far no joy. It seems to be a pretty common issue, there are other two threads about this in this forum and at least another one in the Microsoft Community Band forum. For some the process of reinstalling Health seems to fix the issue, for others it was fixed apparently on its own. For me everything was fine with build 10586.0, then general notifications and Cortana notifications stopped working after upgrading to 10586.29. Cortana started working again after about a day. It's pretty random as far as I can see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99