Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

I got my 1st Band 2 a few weeks ago, after a few days of use, I took it off charge and it was dead.
    I took it to my local MS store and they swapped it for another one.

When taking my band off charge today, the screen was on, I put it on my wrist and then 5 mins later when I went to look at it, the band was off, wont start up, when I try the 2 button reset, I get the attached icon for a moment.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Thought or ideas without needing to go back to the MS store?
    Attached Thumbnails band2.jpg  
    11-30-2015 03:43 PM
    My Band 2 stopped charging two days ago. When I plug it into the charger, the screen lights up and says that the battery had died and it asks me to set the time. I do that and it looks like it's charging (it shows 0%) but as soon as the screen times out, the buttons stop responding so I can't turn it on to check the progress. "Watch Mode" seems to be active so it briefly turns on the display to show the time when I move it but that's it. As soon as I unplug the charger, it shuts off completely. When I plug the charger back in, it asks me to set the time again.

Just for kicks, I decided to try doing a factory reset while the screen was still on after setting the time. Now it just sits there with a charging icon on the screen but it still doesn't seem to make any progress. I'll be bringing it to the Microsoft Store this afternoon to see if they can do anything.
    traviscarter_au likes this.
    12-04-2015 09:31 AM
    My gf had similar issues with hers, it would power up only on charger and immediately ask to set time. After some time off charger it would become non-responsive and power off. I did a factory reset and so far, for over a day it's been working fine. Hopefully it stays working
    12-05-2015 09:14 AM
    I have similar issues with the band 2. Very short Battery life ( can be less than 12 hours with no GPS use and clock on rotate mode). Using sleep tracking causes the most frequent issue. When I wake up and turn the band on and select "I'm awake" the band then goes dormant for 4-5 hours (buttons don't work, 2 button press does nothing) then suddenly becomes responsive but acting like the battery had died asking to confirm time and date even though Battery level is fine . Hard resets have not helped.
    12-05-2015 10:04 AM
    My Band 2 stopped charging two days ago. When I plug it into the charger, the screen lights up and says that the battery had died and it asks me to set the time. I do that and it looks like it's charging (it shows 0%) but as soon as the screen times out, the buttons stop responding so I can't turn it on to check the progress.
    Same problem, just did an exchange at Best Buy for a new one. I'm a bit reluctant to open the new one though.
    12-05-2015 08:51 PM
    Absolute exact problem must be a known issue by now. My only problem I'm in Australia and I down think there is the ability to fix the Band 2 them here. Grrrr, I will try and phone the Sydney store tomorrow but I'm in Melbourne.

Hopefully I can get it fixed, I was really enjoying it.
    12-07-2015 06:21 AM
    Mine also had the power issue. I returned it for a replacement.
    12-07-2015 09:12 PM
    Power issue here too. Exchanged my B2 at Best Buy today. Also noticed this issue being reported on the Microsoft Community site, so IMO "Houston we have a problem".
    12-08-2015 12:30 PM
    They replaced mine right away when I brought it to the MS Store.
    Dave47 likes this.
    12-09-2015 12:21 AM
    They replaced mine at the MS store in Sydney saying it was a faulty unit. (they also mentioned it was a very rare issue, being my 2nd band in a row as they handed my my 3rd band).

The 3rd band did the same thing, but instead of yet another trip into the MS store, i went home and plugged it in, it didn't ask for the time, but it did say 0% battery.

Let it charge up and haven't left it charging over night since, have had no problems like this from that point.

For me, it seems that if I leave it charging over night, it stops charging, but leaves the screen on so when I grab it the next morning, the battery is very low. Not confirmed but seems a reasonable explanation (not to be confused with reasonable behavior for a device like this)
    12-11-2015 10:58 AM
    I got same problem now......
    Can't charge, not working anymore.
    03-11-2016 07:53 AM
    Have had the same problem, or similar with three bands. Finally, just returned the last one yesterday. I miss it, but it never worked more than a few months at a time before the battery let go. ...maybe the Band3? Thinking now to go for the VivoactiveHR...
    Babs75 likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:07 AM
    I had the same problem, tried everything for 2 days, I had to go back to she shop and get a replacement, hopefully this one will live longer
    04-12-2016 02:28 AM
    Had nearly the same problem: shutdown during playing soccer, battery was 75% before... charging didn't work anymore.

Warranty was a little bit stressful as I live in Germany and bought it at Amazon UK 5 month ago. So Amazon UK was not responsible for warranty any more, so I had to contact MS directly. MS accepted the warranty and sent me immediately the UPS sticker (free sending - yeah), but I expected to wait 2 weeks for a replacement. Well, the replacement came after 3 work days, UPS tracking told me that my package never left Germany... :O
    So that was lucky and funny - you still can't officially buy a Band 2 in Germany, but there seems to be a warranty handler here in Germany... :D
    04-14-2016 07:44 AM
    I'm now about to send in the 3rd Band 2 for warranty replacement since January 2016. This is pretty sad! I like the Band 2 as it fits well into my work and life routines. And now that the Band 2 can finally display the full German and full Japanese character set, I'm even happier with it...if only the #*!# battery would stop failing!
    I saw a report somewhere that the issue could be one or both of:
    1: Tightening the band too much around the wrist maybe stretching the internal wiring causing them to break or,
    2: Charging the Band2 with a wall charger may be overcharging/destroying the battery.

When I receive this 4th Band 2, I'm going to pay much closer attention to these two points.

Having said that, here in Canada, the return process has been quick and within about 7 business days each time. An otherwise good device is being marred by unnecessary hardware problems. Please fix for Band 3!
    04-30-2016 11:25 PM
    Hi,

I have had this problem four times with my band.

I can see that We are a lot of customers with this problem, and MS always answer the same "Contact with our support" and they replace the band if it is on warranty. But, What happens when the warranty runs out?

I'm sure that Microsoft knows that the problems always are the same, the cables that connect the battery with the main device. In Fact*the belt has wires inside and I am sure that the use of "remove the band, put it to charge the battery, and put the band again," just breaking the connection cables are inside, especially those who use it daily.
    When MS will recognize this problem in the MS Band2 design? The real thing is if MS recognize it, could be their need to refund the money to the customers affected by it.

I'm tyred, MS change me the band four times in half year !!!
    08-06-2016 03:49 AM
    I bought my band just over a year ago, and had nothing but trouble with it. I had so many faults, all different, that I kept getting (free) replacements. In the end I had about 4 new devices. One niggle I still have is that it does not stay in pause mode when I want to stop walking for a short break. It stops logging and then I have to re-start the exercise. It is not a big deal in a way, and I am unsure if it is a fault as all my bands did this.
    However, the band has now started to switch itself off even with a decent charge in it. It is now out of warranty, even though technically it shouldn't be as every time I had a fault with it, they replaced it with a new one. It has not been a full year since my last replacement.
    It will cost a lot to send away, so I am now considering buying a new one altogether. I won't be replacing it with an MS band, of course.
    11-20-2016 05:38 AM
    UPDATE

I wanted to send the Band back for repair, but I live in Ireland.

Today I have been given the complete runaround by Microsoft. In order to send it back, I have to print off a label and then pay over 100 euros. Then I have to take the device 200 km to a Fed Ex place for them to send it away.

I contacted Microsoft to say this was ridiculous and the agent told me (after a very long chat where he said it would all be free) to contact MS Europe as I should be sending it back using UPS, not Fed Ex. Trying to get hold of MS Europe is totally impossible.

So, in order to get it fixed I have to drive 200 km as there is no depot near me. I cannot discover the address of where to send it to unless I put in my credit card details, so I can't contact another courier to get it sent.
    11-22-2016 09:43 AM