I totally lost trust for Microsoft Bands.Band #1, 3 replacements.Band 2 first replacement in 1 month

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My Band 2 suddenly stopped reading my heart rate saying that Im not wearing it.
does not measure Heart Rate, it only tells me to wear my Band.
- I've tried to reset Band but still the same
- Daily Heart Rate is ON
- even when I start an exercise HR is working although the green led is ON all the time.
MS customer support told me to try this but still not working:

Manually sync any data from the Band (via the Health app or Desktop Sync app)
Unregister your Band from the Health app
Unpair your Band from your phone
Delete the Health app from the phone and the Sync app from PC
Restart phone and PC
Reset your Microsoft Band
Install the Health app and Sync app for PC from the Store
Proceed with setting up Band again.

I?m not replacing by Band anymore. I?m going to ask for a refund and maybe will buy Fit Bit Surge. My MS Band 1 was replaced 3x and the last time I asked for a refund and with the money I bought the MS Band 2 but I see that MS didnt learn from their mistakes with Band 1. I?m hyper mega tired with MS Band issues!!!

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
My Band 2 has been perfect. I had four Band 1s. The first one was smashed on a rock, but was great. The 2nd and 3rd were lemons. The last one was great, and still works fine. It is just luck of the draw, and unfortunately I do recommend you get a replacement and hope for the best. You will find similar failure rates for other manufacturers also.

kds

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
It's possible you could be wearing your Band either too tight or too loose. It seems odd every replacement you have received is having the same issue.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
It's possible you could be wearing your Band either too tight or too loose. It seems odd every replacement you have received is having the same issue.

Wait, did I write that all my replacements had the same issue?!? Go back and read what I wrote. The issues with my Band 1 was with the screen LCD and instead of replacing it, MS fixed and after +- 2 weeks the same LCD screen issue was happening again. MS should had replaced the band and not trying to fix it. The issue with my Band 2 is with the heart rate. The green LED doesn't turns on.

kds

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
OK Artur, I made an honest mistake. No need to get hostile here.

So, are you wearing your Band too tight or too loose?

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
OK Artur, I made an honest mistake. No need to get hostile here.

So, are you wearing your Band too tight or too loose?

Sorry if you think I was hostile. Was not my intention at all. I used my band between tight/very tight. 3 nights in a row and my band does not "detect" my sleep because the HR is off all the time. And yes, HR is ON (settings).
The HR is defected for sure because when I?m working out and I work out heavy. I choose "workout" and the LED is 100% on all the time after you press the action button. The LED turns green but my heart rate is 70 then 80 the 75 and I?m working out legs where usually my HR is around 150. In the end of a 45 minutes workout I only burned 100 calories?!?! Something is wrong with the HR or the LED or even both.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
MS support don't normally fix and send you back the same one. They send back a different device (from experience).

Also, you say you wear it tight/very tight - that might be an issue. Because HR is optical, if you wear it too tight it may change surface bloodflow around the tight area.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
What side is the screen, inside of your wrist or outside?
You could try switching, if that doesn't fix it either than the HR is defect for sure.

snakies

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you recall finding any bite marks on your neck recently? In seriousness, try switching which side of your wrist you wear it. Maybe your veins arent detectable on one side of your wrist. I have had no problems with Band detecting my HR.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
There probably is a problem with your particular unit. Do contact MS.

It does not matter if you wear it face out or under, wear it tight or loose (assuming that its not so loose that none of the sensors make a contact with your skin).

I wear my B2 (face out, just like a watch) loose - slides up and down and I see the green light all the time - and have no problem picking up my HR. When sleeping, I do turn on sleep mode manually and see the green glow off and on through the night, if wake at different times.

Hope you get it sort it out....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss