Mail notification problem

Norbert_M

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,

i just received my band 2 today and try to set up e-mail notifications (Phone is Lumia 640XL).
I have 3 mail accounts on the phone but only one of them (work-account) is sending notifications to the band,
but i want the other two (private accounts) to do this...
In the notification settings of the phone, i disabled all notifications for my work account, but i stell get the notifications on my band.
The other two accounts are enabled for notifications on the phone but i get no notifications aon the band ..
can anyone help?

Best regards
Norbert

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
From what I learned, MS changed the notifications. Now the only place to receive email Notifications is in the Outlook Mail tile, not the tiles set up for each individual email account. When you are notified of new emails its all funneled to Outlook Mail and now you have to open each email Account to figure out where you have new emails. The only email notification in the Band is what hits Outlook Mail. Its not separate anymore. Just when MS gets so many things right, the screw this part up in a huge way. no wonder they can't sell phones.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
From what I learned, MS changed the notifications. Now the only place to receive email Notifications is in the Outlook Mail tile, not the tiles set up for each individual email account. When you are notified of new emails its all funneled to Outlook Mail and now you have to open each email Account to figure out where you have new emails. The only email notification in the Band is what hits Outlook Mail. Its not separate anymore. Just when MS gets so many things right, the screw this part up in a huge way. no wonder they can't sell phones.

I absolutely get notifications from individual accounts. From their live tile, to the action center, to toast notifications and even on my Band 2 (although they are all grouped together on the Band).
Maybe your settings aren't right, or maybe you just don't know how to use your phone IDK. No wonder they can't sell phones, the supposed enthusiasts can't even use them right.

Last edited:

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Windows Phone support confirmed the claim. the only notification you receive is in Outlook Mail all combined from all your email accounts. maybe you're the one, tangledw, that doesn't understand the issue. oh I know why, you're only running 1 email account on your phone like a rookie.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone support confirmed the claim. the only notification you receive is in Outlook Mail all combined from all your email accounts. maybe you're the one, tangledw, that doesn't understand the issue. oh I know why, you're only running 1 email account on your phone like a rookie.

LOL
OK.
WP support doesn't know jack, if they even said that.

I'm running 5 different email accounts, and I'm looking at them and their tiles right now. Their live tiles work and I've received notifications on them, in the action center and through toasts all day. So forgive me if I don't trust the 2nd hand words of someone on a message board when I am seeing work right here, right now with my own eyes.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely get notifications from individual accounts. From their live tile, to the action center, to toast notifications and even on my Band 2 (although they are all grouped together on the Band).
Maybe your settings aren't right, or maybe you just don't know how to use your phone IDK. No wonder they can't sell phones, the supposed enthusiasts can't even use them right.

I have looked all over and I don't see how to set notifications for each email account, All I see is play a sound. I am on the latest Build on a Lumia 1520.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss