Band 2 Battery life is really short, charging takes very long. Is this normal?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Band 2 Battery life is really short, charging takes very long

I just got a Band 2, this is the end of my second day with it. It was charged fully (100%) when I first got it, and at the end of each day, The battery life has been really bad, it only lasted about 23 hours, and that was a full charge. I received under 10 notification, did not use any trackers other than sleep, brightness set to auto, vibration set to low, watch mode on.
My original Band only needed to be charged to 80% each night, and after 24 hours (same usage as above) it would only go down to about 60%. A 20% drop is a drastic difference from a 100% drop.
Charging the new one also takes much longer, it's been plugged in for about an hour and is only charged up to 70%, compared to my original Band which would go from 0-80% in about 20-30 minutes.
Is this normal, or should I get it exchanged at the MS Store?

willow007

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My B2 needs still a lot of time to get fully charged... no matter which charging adapter I use.

Fully charged it works for a little more than 24h... without any Training... after 2 months

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Band 2 Battery life is really short, charging takes very long

Subjectively I don't see this as a major problem, however objectively it would have been nicer if the battery lasted at least one week with its manufacturer intended functions ON.
I keep my clock function to automatically on when need
I turn off Bluetooth off at night

Whether I am at work or home, I have more than ample gaps which are long enough to charge my tech buddy daily. 99% time I am almost stationary on such times so I don't miss out on step counts either.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Band 2 Battery life is really short, charging takes very long

I just got a Band 2, this is the end of my second day with it. It was charged fully (100%) when I first got it, and at the end of each day, The battery life has been really bad, it only lasted about 23 hours, and that was a full charge. I received under 10 notification, did not use any trackers other than sleep, brightness set to auto, vibration set to low, watch mode on.
My original Band only needed to be charged to 80% each night, and after 24 hours (same usage as above) it would only go down to about 60%. A 20% drop is a drastic difference from a 100% drop.
Charging the new one also takes much longer, it's been plugged in for about an hour and is only charged up to 70%, compared to my original Band which would go from 0-80% in about 20-30 minutes.
Is this normal, or should I get it exchanged at the MS Store?

With watch mode turned on a bit under a day is expected. The OLED in Band 2 actually consumes more power than the LCD in Band 1. In Band 1 we got away with a single very low power LED as our screen backlight, the small LCD + single LED is cheaper than running Band 2's OLED display.

Rotate On will give you comparable battery life to Watch mode in Band 1.

Edit: Removed some info until I can verify it myself.

Last edited:

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Crazy thing is that it charged yesterday up to 30% (after a loooong time) und a few minutes after unplugging it showed around 80% but went down to 3% in ~7h
I'm thinking you may have a bad cell.

Something I forgot to mention - make sure your band stays reasonably cool while charging. Don't put it in sunlight. The hotter it gets, the slower the charge rate - it may even confuse it as to how full it is.

Kylesh12

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday -- Band showed charge at 100%. Went for a bike ride 1:30 minutes with GPS on, then did a hike of less than 1 mile in the afternoon with GPS. Received 3 text notifications, have to push button to see time. Band died before I finished the hike.