Band 2 - Screen goes crazy when receiving message during charging. Has anyone experienced this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Band 2 - Screen goes crazy when receiving message during charging

Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried searching all kinds of different terms but came up empty.

This is my second Band 2 that has issues when charging, the screen goes crazy when an alert (email/text etc) is received. It's like a ghost is just randomly pressing the screen and making all kinds of changes. If I don't put it on 'Do Not Disturb' when charging, I never know what I'm going to come back to. It's turned the alarm on, put it in airplane mode and even done a factory reset twice.

Has anyone else experienced this when your Band 2 is charging? It's driving me crazy!

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Band 2 - Screen goes crazy when receiving message during charging

Hi,
I had a kind of a similar problem, it used to stopped charging if it get a message during charging process, however after recent up date it seems fine now

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Band 2 - Screen goes crazy when receiving message during charging

Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried searching all kinds of different terms but came up empty.

This is my second Band 2 that has issues when charging, the screen goes crazy when an alert (email/text etc) is received. It's like a ghost is just randomly pressing the screen and making all kinds of changes. If I don't put it on 'Do Not Disturb' when charging, I never know what I'm going to come back to. It's turned the alarm on, put it in airplane mode and even done a factory reset twice.

Has anyone else experienced this when your Band 2 is charging? It's driving me crazy!

Hi there,

Please try plugging your band into a different place to charge. If you are currently plugging it into a PC, try a wall wart, if you are currently using a wall wart, please try a different one or try using a PC.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A touch screen going crazy is a common problem with cheap chargers. They crank out too much noise and it's confuses the screen.

Generally the chargers that come with phones or tablets are pretty good. But the drug store ones ..... you do get what you pay for.

Last edited:

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
A touch screen going crazy is a common problem with cheap chargers. They crank out too much noise and it's confuses the screen.

Generally the chargers that come with phones or tablets are pretty good. But the drug store ones ..... you do get what you pay for.

This is my first guess. I've had cheap chargers that did some very unusual things...

This thread actually made my team start regaling stories of side effects they've seen from bad chargers. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes