Just can't get it to work.

Rowenna

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello and an early happy new year.
I'm hoping someone can help me, I got the MS Band 2 for christmas and am having many problems but can't work out where I've gone wrong.

I originally had the band set up on my Iphone 5c and everything worked except being able to reply to text messages. I switched to Android and now have a huawei honor 7. But since this swap I've had nothing but headaches. Texts only come through now and then. I get no email notifications and absolutely nothing from Facebook. I also can't reply to texts when they do come though.

I've tried everything i can think of. I reset the band and set it to pair with android. I've made sure everything's activated in the 'manage tiles' section.
As far as I can tell it's paired correctly, it must be but I even re-named my phone to see if that would work.

I'm really hoping someone can help me as I don't want to not use the band. Is there a hidden setting that I don't know about? Do I need to download something else?

All suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm feeling pretty frustrated and disappointed at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Best I can come up with after reading your issues.. Bluetooth problems? Might be that the connection is spotty. Can you connect the phone to a wireless headphone for example to test how well the bluetooth functions?

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello and an early happy new year.
I'm hoping someone can help me, I got the MS Band 2 for christmas and am having many problems but can't work out where I've gone wrong.

I originally had the band set up on my Iphone 5c and everything worked except being able to reply to text messages. I switched to Android and now have a huawei honor 7. But since this swap I've had nothing but headaches. Texts only come through now and then. I get no email notifications and absolutely nothing from Facebook. I also can't reply to texts when they do come though.

I've tried everything i can think of. I reset the band and set it to pair with android. I've made sure everything's activated in the 'manage tiles' section.
As far as I can tell it's paired correctly, it must be but I even re-named my phone to see if that would work.

I'm really hoping someone can help me as I don't want to not use the band. Is there a hidden setting that I don't know about? Do I need to download something else?

All suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm feeling pretty frustrated and disappointed at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rowenna,

Can you try opening the Microsoft Health app and while it is still open receiving a text message?

Also try going to Settings, Protected Apps and make sure that the Microsoft Health app is set to stay open. Huawei has rather aggressive power saving settings that may be potentially killing our background service. I don't have an Honor 7 on hand to test with, so unfortunately I cannot offer any first hand advice.

Rowenna

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello, thank you both for getting back to me.

Here's the latest. I tried everything you said and switched protected apps but still no luck so I began to think it was a bluetooth issue so I went to the phone shop and got them to take a look. No luck there as the guy connected his phone to mine straight away. Anyway, to cut it short what's happened is that when we factory reset the band, it's still looking for my iphone 5c. I didn't disconnect it before I gave the iphone in and got my new android device.
Even when I reset the band and choose Android, it's still looking for my iphone. So how do I get round this? Is there a super duper reset that will do the trick and let me start all over again? The Iphone is long gone so no hope there but surely there's a way to get the band to stop looking for the iphone and start connecting with my honor 7.

Once again, all suggestions would be gratefully received.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs