Band 2 band cracked/split

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Today I looked down at my Band 2 and noticed the band itself had a crack or split on it. Does anyone know if there is an option to replace the band at all or am I going to have to purchase a new Band 2?
I'm disappointed as I've only had the Band 2 since November 2nd and I really like it compared to my Android Wear watches I have.
Any suggestion on how to repair would be appreciated too. I was thinking super glue just to keep the damage from growing and hopefully just living with it.
I order this online through the Microsoft Store and don't have any experience dealing with them for a replacement but I'm unsure if I want to go without a Band 2 if they would make me send it in first. I wish I lived close to a store but I don't.

WP_20151230_13_17_55_Rich.jpg

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Disappointing end to my story. After sending my torn band in for warranty this is the letter I get back. Good luck to anyone else in this situation.
IMG_20160209_173039.jpg

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, I am going to the store and hope they replace it.

I wish you luck. If a store wasn't more than a thousand miles away and didn't involve air fare to get there I would have gone to a store. So far the stores seem to be the only option for replacement that is working consistently.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Disappointing end to my story. After sending my torn band in for warranty this is the letter I get back. Good luck to anyone else in this situation.
View attachment 122024

That's ridiculous. I would complain using every outlet possible. A two-month old FITNESS band splitting and they're don't think it's on them, especially since so many split in the same fashion? BS. I will raise high heaven if this happens to mine, particularly since I baby the thing more than I should for a FITNESS band.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
That's obviously a cut or something.

Damage you create it's not covered under the regular warranty. If you want that, you should have gotten Complete coverage.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Damage you create it's not covered under the regular warranty. If you want that, you should have gotten Complete coverage.
Accept there are numerous Bands splitting in the same manner and at the same location on the band. That is a defect and should be covered by the manufacturer.

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I can see why you would think that but honestly, it was not a cut. Best I can figure is that it occurred at some point when I was wearing the band sleeping. With all the other similar issues that people are having and the similarities in the pictures I think this is a real defect issue. I'm hanging around to keep tabs on others having the same issue in hopes that MS will start to stand by their product due to so many others having the same issue and MS actually taking responsibility.

bandgate

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I can only guess that the warranty department is just filled with a lot of new guys who don't realize that it's a defect. I think you should keep trying. Failing that, always keep in mind that most purchases on a credit card have an inherited warranty. It depends on your card, but you can actually make a claim on these sorts of things.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I'd suggest you open the photo in another tab and go 100%. You'll see it's not as clean a straight line break as it appears in the small forum photo.

However, it might mark the end of an internal strain relief or some other discontinuity of stiffness - which tends to concentrate flexing into a small spot.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Other fitness devices have had similar problems and the manufacturers have comeback with similar responses, which is unacceptable imo. It doesn't appear as though many of these things are built to last.

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks living in Alaska no where near a Microsoft Store makes it impossible to go through the only method that actually works to get a replacement for this defect.
Hopefully when others experience the issue I can send it back in to Microsoft for warranty repair but I'm not holding my breath. Some part of me is hoping that one of the writers for Windows Central have a similar experience and write an article about it to get some more attention on the subject.
I hate that this experience has soured my view of Microsoft.

PhilWitt

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Very funny....but true. It's always good to get out of town when the days are short.

For all following along. I just received a phone call from a Microsoft Rep saying that they have reconsidered my case and someone will be contacting me to start the process to replace my band 2.
I'm surprised I received a phone call and very pleased.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Very funny....but true. It's always good to get out of town when the days are short.

For all following along. I just received a phone call from a Microsoft Rep saying that they have reconsidered my case and someone will be contacting me to start the process to replace my band 2.
I'm surprised I received a phone call and very pleased.

It's great to hear that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720