Band 2 Keyboard Connecting and Cortana not connecting

pbphotos

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem as I've been to a few MS stores and they don't seem to have an idea of how to fix this.

I have the Band 2 connected to my Icon and when I first set it up it worked fantastic. I did the keyboard training and then could respond to texts with the keyboard (surprised how well the tiny keyboard works) and could also press Cortana and respond via voice. Well about 2 weeks ago it just stopped working. Now when you go to reply with the keyboard it just says connecting and eventually times out and the screen goes dark. If I reply via Cortana then it says I need to connect via Bluetooth. I have double checked settings and I am connected and can continually receive text alerts on my band but can't reply any longer. I have tried resetting the band to factory and reconnecting and that didn't work. I have tried removing the health app on the phone and then re-add the band and still no luck. Lots of people see my band and ask about it and I want to show off the features but at this point I can't tell them to get one when I can't get it work correctly.

Hope it gets fixed soon....

jakreid

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact issue with my Icon and have tried the same steps as you besides resetting my phone and I am tired of doing that from all the insider builds haha. Are you running the latest Insider Build?

jakreid

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I am running .36 as well it easily could've been that update, the timeline of the issues fits pretty close to the time in which i updated.

CCraig

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
ww.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/phone-app/troubleshoot-bluetooth

Reinstall the Health app on your phone perfect fix for Windows 10 mobile phone.

rhensley827

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem as all of you on my icon. I deleted the MS Health App and re-installed it. It isn't 100%, but works much more than it used to.

pbphotos

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have done that several times as well with mixed results. I'm on the latest fast ring release and while it has been a improved release on the phone, it had not improved the keyboard/Cortana link to the phone. I'll try reinstalling the health app.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Guess what stopped working again shortly after the Health Uninstall/Reinstall. I really really wish this would be fixed permanently. Its driving me crazy.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I want to try the Work around of unistalling/reinstalling health app to get keyboard and cortana connected again but could someone that has done this confirm that all the history of steps and sleeps etc in the health app are saved somewhere and come back after reinstalling?

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I want to try the Work around of unistalling/reinstalling health app to get keyboard and cortana connected again but could someone that has done this confirm that all the history of steps and sleeps etc in the health app are saved somewhere and come back after reinstalling?

For me, it all came back after re-installing. However, I have it tied to Microsoft HealthValut so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Also, I will point out that this workaround fixed it for a day or two and then it crapped out again.

Thomas Schubert1

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
This CONTINUES to happen to me as well. For about the last month and a half or so I haven't been able to consistently use cortana OR the keyboard from my Band 2 to my 950XL.

I just don't get it. It's like going all in with MS hardware is a big joke or a trap. They have stores that advertise all these products and then gladly sell them to you and THEN once you get them they simply can't help you with the hardware and software that is so completely crippled so as to be simply not worth having in the first place.

I have my Band 2 so I don't have to listen to phones ringing and I don't have to respond to vibrations in my butt. I have my band so I simply won't miss calls or texts anymore...but when the band behaves like this I get texts on time but I miss almost every phone call. I get email notifications long after I have received the email. I simply DON'T get reminders on my watch when it's like this.

I have tried reinstalling the software. That works for about a day and a half and then it's back to the same thing everyone here is experiencing. I have turned bluetooth off and on. I have resynced. I have done everything I can think of. THIS. SHOULD. NOT. BE. HAPPENING. They need to acknowledge and fix this issue asap! This shouldn't have even made it past testing!

But we know how that goes...I mean, I DO also own an SP4.

I watch a lot of movies. My Movies & TV player on my SP4 is the best for battery life...for sure, but it can't wake from sleep and sometimes just doesn't feel like unpausing. Let's not talk about the power drain issue.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Honestly? It's possible, but probably not before the Band 3.

I have never felt more like a sucker and a Ginnie pig than I do right now.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This CONTINUES to happen to me as well. For about the last month and a half or so I haven't been able to consistently use cortana OR the keyboard from my Band 2 to my 950XL.

I just don't get it. It's like going all in with MS hardware is a big joke or a trap. They have stores that advertise all these products and then gladly sell them to you and THEN once you get them they simply can't help you with the hardware and software that is so completely crippled so as to be simply not worth having in the first place.

I have my Band 2 so I don't have to listen to phones ringing and I don't have to respond to vibrations in my butt. I have my band so I simply won't miss calls or texts anymore...but when the band behaves like this I get texts on time but I miss almost every phone call. I get email notifications long after I have received the email. I simply DON'T get reminders on my watch when it's like this.

I have tried reinstalling the software. That works for about a day and a half and then it's back to the same thing everyone here is experiencing. I have turned bluetooth off and on. I have resynced. I have done everything I can think of. THIS. SHOULD. NOT. BE. HAPPENING. They need to acknowledge and fix this issue asap! This shouldn't have even made it past testing!

But we know how that goes...I mean, I DO also own an SP4.

I watch a lot of movies. My Movies & TV player on my SP4 is the best for battery life...for sure, but it can't wake from sleep and sometimes just doesn't feel like unpausing. Let's not talk about the power drain issue.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Honestly? It's possible, but probably not before the Band 3.

I have never felt more like a sucker and a Ginnie pig than I do right now.

I hear ya dude. I've got the 950 as well as the Band 2 and its so frustrating because the potential with these devices is so high. But they're literally the buggiest devices I've owned in a loooong time.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
From what I've noticed on the band and band 2, the connectivity issues appear to be tied to use of other Bluetooth devices simultaneously.

For example, if your phone taps into your car stereo, the band will get notifications, but not be able to respond to them properly. You won't be able to to use the music control, Cortana, etc. (You could activate it all from the car though...) This is considering I'm talking about Ford Sync, another Microsoft product. Tethering over wifi or Bluetooth also seems to make it act wonky, which I suspect is more a windows 10 bug than anything.

Restarting, reinstalling, etc. will usually get you back on track for a bit. The updates have also made the connectivity just a bit better each time. (As in, now It's not a sure thing I'll have to restart my phone to fix anymore.) Still a ways to go, but they're working on it.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
This has been an issue since 10 began. The last time I had it working was when I switched back to 8.1. Cortana and the keyboard have been completely unreliable since 10 was released without a single fix in sight. At this rate, I feel, iOS and Android will probably have working Cortana integration before Windows.

Thomas Schubert1

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Nope. No other blutooth available that I connect to. Now it's gotten to the point that it won't get ANY notifications. Super awesome. I guess I'll reinstall the app again? That's definitely the way this is supposed to go. Anyone with twitter wanna throw this up to "ask Dan"?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I asked this same question in another thread and was told that it was a Windows 10 problem and that Microsoft was aware of this and was working on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)