Band 2 Keyboard Connecting and Cortana not connecting

CombatRock

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh crap, and I just bought the Band 2 to go with my Icon running the latest build. Just trying to figure out how to get the Notifications Tile on the band to work.

jeffontwit

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. All notifications work fine, I just can't connect to the keyboard and get the same bluetooth error message when trying to use Cortana.

So, I reinstalled the Health app (don't really know what that has to do with messaging) and thought I was off to the races because I could connect to the keyboard but, alas, I was only able to type about 6 letters and lost the connection. And this is my new normal. :angry:

Microsoft is the biggest tease - very attractive, all these nice features, the promise of pleasure, but then just won't let you have them. Extremely frustrating. Why do they continuously release stuff that doesn't work?? I am all in on MS because the promise is so amazing - Surface Pro 3's (yes, plural), Lumia 950 with consumer version of W10M (thought this device "built for W10" would solve my problems), MS Band 2 (amazing device but issues identified in this thread are extremely frustrating).

Microsoft, make this stuff work!!!

Last edited:

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Haha..I went back to 8.1 on my 640XL because of this connecting bug..super annoying. Let me know when its fixed...I miss 10...everything is soo umm big in 8...lol

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I'm jumping into this thread quite late in the conversation, but yes, my Band 2 has just recently (in the past couple of days) stopped allowing me to use the keyboard or Cortana to respond to messages. The connection to my music is also very patchy.

I'm on a Lumia 950 running Windows 10 fast ring 14267.1004

There was also a firmware update that came through last night (16025.39016) but it's not done anything to correct the issue.

I've tried all the usual stuff...reset the Bluetooth connection, uninstall / reinstall the health app, factory reset the band, unregister the entire programme and re-register as if a new user with a brand new phone and band, etc, etc....nothing, absolutely nothing seems to work.

The weird thing is...it's not like it's permanently broken. Just occasionally it'll start working again, then it'll drop off and not work for days. Weird.

I've reported the problem through the Health app....hopefully I'm not alone and if MS get a ton of Bluetooth related complaints they'll react to it

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
You are not alone! I've got the same problem. There are several threads posted complaining of the same thing. We are all waiting for me fix. It's a little frustrating.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Band 2 and Icon running 8.1. The Band functions perfectly. I'm confused by all the negativity from those of you running W10 on your phone, when it hasn't been officially released on the Icon. Do you really expect there to not be any issues?

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Band 2 and Icon running 8.1. The Band functions perfectly. I'm confused by all the negativity from those of you running W10 on your phone, when it hasn't been officially released on the Icon. Do you really expect there to not be any issues?

Please don't ask rhetorical questions like that. We expect it to work on our phones that we PURCHASED with Windows 10...namely the 950 and 950XL.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't referring to the 950/950XL. The complaint was regarding an Icon running W10 Preview, which should be enough to realize there are going to be issues.

Please don't ask rhetorical questions like that. We expect it to work on our phones that we PURCHASED with Windows 10...namely the 950 and 950XL.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
yup, Cortana is dead on the band USA, ATT, 950 XL dual sim. It briefly worked, and it even launched application on the phone from the Band for two days until I got the latest builds.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yep, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Should work all the time now, now it's not interesting to try using Cortana, since it'll probably wont work

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Might be jinxing it right now, but did a full reset for my phone last thursday, to get rid of the Insider version that was installed (unrelated to the now known issues with the Band and Insider, just wanted to go back to release-version right away). Right after that, the latest fw for Band was released (the one including auto pause). Since then, Cortana seems to be working... Normally, when it would work, it stopped working after a few hours, now it's working for couple of days. Anyone else experiencing any progress?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium