Second MS Band 2 Not Working. Please help.

Rowenna

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay, here goes:

I got the MS Band 2 for Christmas and right from the start I had problems, not getting notifications from facebook or emails and contacts not showing up when I got a call. I tried everything I could think of but it only worked when it wanted to. I called Microsoft help center and they said that my android phone was not compatible. It's a Huawei Honor 7 running Android version 5.0.2. So I went to the 3 phone shop to tell them and they said that is WAS compatible and re-set the band and checked everything (as I had already done countless times) and it worked ... for half a day.
So, I took the band back to the shop this morning and they gave me a brand new Band 2. At first it didn't work but then I made a new email account and re-singed up and the band accepted calls and gave me FB notifications. Until this afternoon. Once again the Band isn't working and I'm getting no notifications of any kind. What am I doing wrong?

The band is paired with my android phone. In the "Manage Tiles" section on the MS health app everything is selected including 'Notification center"
It only works now and then, and not even that at the moment. Surely both bands can't be faulty???

I've now literally tried everything I can think of and I'm totally stuck and feel so frustrated with it. I really want it to work, Whenever I open the health app it always comes up with "syncing with the cloud" could this be in any way to do with it not working correctly? I've checked for updates and I'm completely up-to-date. The Band is fully charged. If anyone can help me I would be so grateful, I can't think of anything else to try.

Thanking you in advance.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
A quick Google search came up with some apparently known issues with app syncing for your phone. Try googling Huawei Honor 7 bluetooth, and you should see some forum posts that might help you. It might just be an issue with app settings on the phone......worth a shot.

Rowenna

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me, I really do appreciate it. I did a search but couldn't come up with much but you might be on to something when it comes to Bluetooth. If that's the issue, my next question is - is there a fix? Is there an app I can download to strengthen the signal or am I stuck with an incompatible phone? What would you do next? I don't have anything else I can check Bluetooth with although I do remember that when I first went back to the phone shop, the guy tested the Bluetooth connection and it connected to his phone straight away. I'll do some more searches but would be grateful for any more suggestions in the meantime. Sorry if I'm being a pain.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me, I really do appreciate it. I did a search but couldn't come up with much but you might be on to something when it comes to Bluetooth. If that's the issue, my next question is - is there a fix? Is there an app I can download to strengthen the signal or am I stuck with an incompatible phone? What would you do next? I don't have anything else I can check Bluetooth with although I do remember that when I first went back to the phone shop, the guy tested the Bluetooth connection and it connected to his phone straight away. I'll do some more searches but would be grateful for any more suggestions in the meantime. Sorry if I'm being a pain.

There seems to be a problem with the Health app on some Android phones. Bluetooth will pair the phone and Band 2 but the Health app will report network connection problems and won't sync.

On Reddit, one of the fixes involved a Microsoft tech actually resetting the profile of a user in an attempt to get his phone to sync. That's pretty extreme if they have to do fixes like that on an individual user basis. The thread was started two weeks ago (but included the holidays) and the problem doesn't seem to be resolved yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftBand/comments/3y9kcw/got_the_band_2_for_christmas/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12