Vector smart watch preliminary review

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Just bought one of ebay. The gold Luna model.

Positives.

Nice screen when lit.
Battery life.
Looks really nice.
High quality.
Notifications work.

Negatives.

Dim when low light, even with back light.
Hate the clasp on the band.
Charger cable awkward.
Too nice to use when working out.
Limited memory for watch faces.
Very few watch faces.

Will update.

Update:

Getting used to the clasp but still don't like it as it
isn't tight enough to work out with.
Doubt the battery will last a month as I'm playing around so
much with it.
Getting used to the backlight at night.
Compatibility is very good.
Haven't lost the bluetooth signal yet.

If there are any questions, just ask.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Any notable update from your experience? Just read the article on an update for Facebook and twitter notifications and was hoping to see what other users have to say about one of our few watch options out there.

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to the amazing battery life. It lasted just over a month. Still don't like the clasp. Display is dim unless good lighting. Excellent connection to Lumia 1520. Notifications work well. Just under a 4 star rating. Only wp10 compatible smartwatch that I'm aware of.

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ive owned one before Xmas and I am finding support is pretty useless. They respond within no time at all for easy questions, but anything Technical it goes into a black hole and you don't hear from them. They are quick to post all of the positive reviews on their Facebook page, but skip over some peoples queries, but answer others.
I asked them where I could get a replacement strap from and they responded stating that they didn't sell them. I found this strange - a company that sells expensive smart watches that you can purchase replacements for ?

Although the watch supports WM I think they are diverting most of their resources to Android.

direktorn

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
The Vector watch is a great watch, and has great apps for iOS and Android.
The Windows Phone apps are however at least 4 months after the iOS and Android versions.

Does it have Uber? No
Does it have Music app? No
Does it have Uber? No
Does it have any of the new "watch faces"? No
Does it have Evernote? No
Does it have Nest? No
Does Facebook and Twitter works? No - Just hangs the App.

crispy514

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using one of these for the last 2 weeks (still on first charge and still with 50% left)

For those that don't like the clasp, its compatible with the moto 360 2nd gen 46mm watch straps. I've got myself a few nice ones (stainless steel and leather) which come with easy release pins making it a piece of cake to swap the straps out.

Vector support have told me they are releasing a new Beta app on the 20th April. So fingers crossed we get comparable functionality with IOS and Android soon!

We will investigate the situation in order to provide you with an answer, but we need some more details. We would be grateful if you could tell us the model of your phone.
Please note that we have decided change our approach to the Windows Phone app from a software architecture point of view, more precisely reworking our app from the ground up. This decision is a repercussion of the fact that we want to bring the Windows Phone community the top-level, highly functional product it deserves, both from a hardware, as well as a software point of view.
Additionally, we will be focusing on Windows 10 from v1.1 onward, seeing how virtually every Lumia flagship and most of the post 2014 models are upgradeable to Windows 10.
That being said, the timetable for our current release is:
- Beta version: 20th of April 2016;
- Production version: 27th of April 2016.
Thanking you in advance for your reply.
Kind regards,
Andreea | Support Team| Vector
VECTOR WATCH GROUP

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you do get a beta app on the 20th, be sure to let us know how things have improved once you've had a chance to play with it.

I'm still interested in the Vector and surprised no other companies have really taken a smartwatch on WP seriously. If they can pull it off, they'll have a good position for any WP user that is looking for an actual watch (not a band).

Thanks again for all your info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb