Is that a one-way sync?

Link BC

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello, Am I correct supposing that there is a one-way sync only, from Band to Phone Health app, so if I enabled 'motion settings' on Health App I'll have forever different values about steps/etcc between Phone/Dashboard and Band2? That's driving me crazy. I turned off the motion settings, despite I tought there would be a smart option to enable (tracking steps even when you aren't wearing the band) :)

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you are correct. Also, at least for me, having motion setting enabled results in step counts that are way too high. Maybe what's happening is that the Band's software is filtering out anything it feels may be inaccurate (excessive arm motion: inconsequential steps like two steps to the refrigerator, two steps back to the table, etc.) while the phone is including everything that might remotely resemble a step.

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I think so too. Despite already registering 4000 steps on the my band, I had to reset it to connect to Windows after connecting to Android. My health app showed 4000 steps until I connected with band (after reset) now my health app shows 0 steps.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, a reset always zeros out the step count for the day. I try to work it out to do it first thing in the morning, but sometimes you just can't.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The "My Phone" settings in the Health app says...
Don't miss a beat--when enabled, your phone's motion tracking will fill in the gaps when you're not wearing your Band.

How I interpret that description is that each counted step from both the phone and Band must be timestamped in some way. The app compares when each step is counted from both sources. If the phone was counting steps while the Band was either not being worn or otherwise not recording steps for any reasons Nate mentioned above, the Health app will add the phone's step count into the day's total.

Even when wearing my Band all day and thinking the phone wouldn't have had any gaps to fill, I've still noticed a few more steps counted than what the Band showed, but I've never noticed a significant increase. I've never seen a variance of more than about 5%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05