Swapping Band 2 from 930 to 950XL

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I hope to be upgrading my 930 to a 950XL this weekend. I have a Band 2, so wanted to reach out to see if there's anything I need to do to get ready for this. I've looked on MS Band support pages, but I can only find reference to setting up a new Band and not transferring from one phone to another.

Sort of things that are bugging me...
1. Do I need to de-register the Band from my old phone before?
2. If I de-register, then I'm removing the Band from my MS Health account and that's not what I want to do?
3. Is it a simple as unpairing BT to old phone, switching old phone off, switching on new one, and pairing up?

Any help or advice from anyone who's gone through this before would be great.

Cheers!

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Since no one has said anything, I'll bite. Swapping my Fitbit around between windows devices was as easy as setting up the Bluetooth pair. Your 3rd option. Might be that easy with your Band.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My experience with Band 1 and two phones...

You setup as normal on phone 1 (you've already done this part) > factory rest Band (when you are ready to pair it to new phone) > setup as normal on phone 2

Now when you switch between phones (say you go back to the 930 for some reason) you MUST factory rest your Band, then pair it, run Heath App to double check..

You should not have to ever redo the phone side from scratch unless you reset that phone.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Great thanks for that @RumoredNow. I don't intend to swap back and forth as I'm losing the 930 tomorrow (being taken away by insurance company). So I guess I should factory reset the Band 2 and then pair with the 950 XL when I get it via the Health app. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos