Guys and gals, My Band 2 twice has gone (temporarily) dead while using the running tile, once while walking, once while golfing, maybe each at about 1.4 miles. I put the charger on it, and (thankfully) is was not dead-dead, but had about 40% battery remaining. And it fired right up. I don't like these new trends. Anyone run into this?
    02-11-2016 06:40 PM
    Yep. I've been having worse than expected battery life in general (can't get through a full day if I do any exercising at all). Two days ago I did a 1 hour workout and it died before I finished. Display wouldn't turn on. I immediately plugged it into the charger and it said 36%.
    02-11-2016 09:59 PM
    This is one aspect of B2 that I am very much happy with.

I use my B2 daily, and for gym work 5 days a week. Each gym session is one and half hours. As with others it's connected to the phone for all the messages. Not using for GPS running as it is - 2c outside hence treadmill running during winter months.

I am easily getting more than 24hrs of life from B2.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-12-2016 07:19 AM
    Yep. I've been having worse than expected battery life in general (can't get through a full day if I do any exercising at all). Two days ago I did a 1 hour workout and it died before I finished. Display wouldn't turn on. I immediately plugged it into the charger and it said 36%.
    Yup. Sounds like what happened to me.
    02-12-2016 07:46 AM
    This is one aspect of B2 that I am very much happy with.

I use my B2 daily, and for gym work 5 days a week. Each gym session is one and half hours. As with others it's connected to the phone for all the messages. Not using for GPS running as it is - 2c outside hence treadmill running during winter months.

I am easily getting more than 24hrs of life from B2.

I'm not talking about how long the battery stays charged. This problem here is when the Band 2 dies/crashes/turns itself off when it still has a charge. Very strange.
    VFC likes this.
    02-12-2016 07:49 AM
    Bottom line: I'm returning it. I like the Band 2 a lot, but I better return it before I'm too far away from my purchase date. Amazon was kind enough to permit my return even though I was almost two weeks beyond their 30 day normal return limit.
    02-12-2016 05:46 PM
    Having same issues here, though they started after the most recent firmware update. This makes me hope it's just a software issue that can be fixed. The fact that OP and others are having the same problem also points to software issue. I also considered the possibility it was a battery calibration issue, but nothing came of my attempts to fix that.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    02-14-2016 03:41 PM
    Having same issues here, though they started after the most recent firmware update. This makes me hope it's just a software issue that can be fixed. The fact that OP and others are having the same problem also points to software issue. I also considered the possibility it was a battery calibration issue, but nothing came of my attempts to fix that.
    Same with me. I had this problem only twice and only recently. Lot's of other times it worked just fine. I believe it started after the second update on the Band 2, but don't really remember the precise dates, so it's hard to say. I agree, they can fix it, but as I said, I'll return mine while I can. Jump back in later.
    02-15-2016 11:04 AM
    New update for the Band 2 today. Hoping it improves battery life!
    02-19-2016 09:28 AM
    Do you receive notifications for Emails? I have no issues with text msg, but Email just won't work 😩
    02-19-2016 09:56 AM
    Update seems to have broken notifications for me, too.
    02-19-2016 10:02 AM
    Do you receive notifications for Emails? I have no issues with text msg, but Email just won't work ��
    I have had a similar issue. Try doing a two button reset, on the band, and soft reset on your phone. That cleared it up, for me.
    02-19-2016 10:39 AM
    Neither soft reset, hard reset or app reinstallation helped :(
    02-19-2016 11:05 AM
    I started experiencing these same problems two days ago (February 18, 2016) during a run and then during a bike ride, sometimes with close to 100% charge! Then I performed a reset (including wiping out old data), and half a day later I got the new update for Band 2 yesterday afternoon (February 19). Band died again in watch mode with close to 40% charge late at night so clearly neither resetting nor the update fixed the issue.

Glad I am not the only one with this problem; I was getting ready to take it back to the Microsoft Store for a warranty replacement. Seems to be recent for everyone in this thread and likely a result of the recent firmware update from a few days or a week ago. Thus, I maintain hope that it gets fixed with another firmware update. Will wait a little longer for Microsoft to fix it and in the meantime use my Windows phone to simultaneously record runs or bike rides (with Endomondo App) as backup to the Band 2.

Band 2 was otherwise working perfectly for me from November 2-February 18.
    02-20-2016 12:43 PM
    Exactly like my experiences. At the moment I charge twice a day as a workaround, but not a great long term solution for the battery. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I'm reporting the issue--maybe others could too.
    Felix Wong likes this.
    02-20-2016 12:57 PM
    Frankly, I think dying with a high battery charge isn't firmware - it's an internal connection to the battery. When you wear the band, it stretches the connection (the tighter you wear it, the more it stretches) until it loses connection momentarily. At which point, it acts as if the battery died.
    02-20-2016 02:58 PM
    Upon further research, it appears that the random shutting off (and subsequent "battery died error" despite having lots of battery left) has been a common problem with the Microsoft Band 2 for a long time, not just since the last firmware updates. There are several threads in answers.microsoft.com about it, including this one:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/b...a0b1d7?page=32

Summary of that 32 page long thread:
    • This problem has happened to people ever since the release of the Band, but sometimes takes weeks/months to manifest itself.
    • It appears to be hardware related: some say their charging pins on the clasp are shorting; others say the wires in the rubber are stretching and disconnecting from the battery. The latter is inferred by twisting the rubber and replicating the problem.
    • Microsoft has known about the problem for months. But since the problem seems to be hardware related, their only solution is replacement under warranty.
    • Some people who claim that the clasp's charging pins are shorting say that this can be remedied by applying clear tape on the metal part of the strap that mates to the clasp. Others say the Band 2 should be worn somewhat loosely to prevent stretched/disconnected inner wires.

Although I cannot replicate the problem on my Band 2 by twisting the rubber or squeezing the clasp/strap together, I am pretty much resigned to having to bring the Band 2 in for replacement the next time the problem occurs. Good thing Microsoft's warranty policies and service are superb.
    pippyo03 likes this.
    02-20-2016 03:44 PM
    I have already sent in my Band twice (on my third) for this exact issue. It starts out by dying even with a charge, then stops charging at all and no choice but to send it in. Unfortunately the first time this happened it was already past the return date for Amazon, so now Iím stuck sending it in for repair. Iím hoping the third time is a charm.
    02-21-2016 01:27 PM
    Felix and all. Thanks for the updated information. The "dead watch on full battery" happened again for me yesterday. That's the third time.

As I posted earlier, Amazon was very kind to take it back for full refund. I ship it back tomorrow.

I like the Band 2, but I think I'll sit back and watch (no pun intended) for a while, see how updates come along, and how the hardware holds up (or not).

Again, thanks guys.
    02-21-2016 08:55 PM
    Oh God this is happening to my band 2 now , this is miserable

02-24-2016 08:44 AM
    Anyone else noticing something like this? If I run my Band 2 all the way down, it charges smoothly up to, say, 40%, then jumps up to 75%. Explains why may battery life has suddenly gotten so bad. I've tried to recalibrate the battery to no avail. This is my second Band 2, first one battery died and was replaced. Not looking like a great purchase at this point.
    02-29-2016 09:10 PM
    Hello all. I've been using the Band 2 for six month's here in the UK. I run 2-3 times a weeks on runs that can be up to two hours. Several times - and I have had two Band 2's, both exhibit the same issue - the running tile has stopped working just as described in this thread, dead, mid-run, until reconnected with its power charger. When reconnected, there is usually with between 34%-45% of power remaining. I note from Felix's useful cross-reference above (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/b...a0b1d7?page=32) that this is a known hardware-based issue but I have had it with two Band 2's as I say so a) how do we know, if we get it replaced, that the replacement will be free from this defect? b) do we really have to wait for the Band 3 to ensure this is rectified? (An aside but how many of you are finding that GPS can take minutes to be found?) Regards, Sean.
    06-13-2016 07:52 AM