Band 2 new update available ...

Pryxus

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
The music player bug on the band still exists when using a bluetooth audio speaker. In fact it has become worse, the text "searching for music" not only stays on the screen forever but it's also flickering constantly... any idea when this will be fixed?
What exactely IS the bug?
Yes, I noticed this flickering text with my Bluetooth Headset, but everything else was working as I expected.

But I must confess that I removed the telephone function in my headset's bluetooth profile.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
What exactely IS the bug?
Yes, I noticed this flickering text with my Bluetooth Headset, but everything else was working as I expected.

But I must confess that I removed the telephone function in my headset's bluetooth profile.

When the phone is connected with a bluetooth speaker AND the Band 2, Music Control on the Band can't connect to the music playlist. On previous firmwares it just kept waiting, in this new firmware the text also flickers in a way that does not really look good to me. I turned it off asap and wait until the bug is fixed before I try it again =)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I get the screen flicker and unable to connect. Not a big deal to me as I haven't tried using the music controls while using a bt speaker.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Connected Cortana to Health. Thanks, devbent

Can I connect health to Cortana for iOS? Not seeing the connected accounts option...

I connected mine via Cortana on Windows 10 PC. (Band 1 BTW)

It shows on Desktop Cortana, but not my Windows Phone 8.1. I expect it will when I move to Windows 10 Mobile which has deeper integration and sync.

On iOS I would guess it won't show. But you can still connect the PC Cortana to Health.

Pryxus

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
When the phone is connected with a bluetooth speaker AND the Band 2, Music Control on the Band can't connect to the music playlist. On previous firmwares it just kept waiting, in this new firmware the text also flickers in a way that does not really look good to me. I turned it off asap and wait until the bug is fixed before I try it again =)
You're right with the old firmware. There the Band only tried to connect to the music player.

With the aktual firmware, this problem is gone. I can connect my Skyve Zero Gravity headset with my Player (Poweramp). All the functions are working and, yes, the text is flickering.

The only difference in my setup between old and new firmware is the update from Android 5.1 to 6.01 on my Oneplus X phone.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad update but I wish they would fix some of the bugs. The step count bug and the floor count bug - both don't count accurately the count less than the real amounts.

Infinidim

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Some of the new features look pretty cool, but once again, it's killed smartwatch functionality. I get the frustrating, "make sure Bluetooth is turned on" message. Seriously, it's like a bad joke.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
950XL production canada here, I don't see Health App in my list of connected accounts for Cortana yet. I do see a Dynamic CRM that I never noticed before.

And also got a new band update today, 45mins ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes