Reading the graphs and charts on the app and web dasboard

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I am hoping folks can offer some suggestions on the following:

I love my MS Band 2. The quality and richness of the information it collects paired with the light smart watch functionality I care about hits a sweet spot for me.

This said, there is one key item I have been unable to figure out.

The charts / graphs on the web and application do not seem to provide the ability to view values. For example, if I want to know how many steps I took / calories I burned etc in the 10AM hour I can eyeball the numbers on the y axis and kind of see the value- but it is a very rough estimate. MS seems to tag the high bar for the day with a specific number, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the values for the other bars. I have tried mousing over them, clicking on them, viewing the source html page to try and find them etc, but can't seem to figure it out. The same goes for the HR line graph, times within the sleep chart etc... I would like to be able to see the value at each point.

I thought of using the data downloads to build my own charts / graphs, but they only provide summary info, not details.

How do you view your data in a meaningful way? Am I missing something obvious (user error) and these values are available? (If so please let me know!) Is this not important for you? If not why not? Appreciate your opinions and suggestions!

Thanks

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
-Just checking in! Do other Band users wish we could get detail from the dashboard graphs? (Highlight/ mouse over or click a bar to see the value)

This seems like common functionality across fitness platforms and is the only feature missing for me to make the MS Band experience a great one.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'd like to see that. There is an option to 'export data', but only in excel or csv form; not in such a way as to be recognizable to another fitness application, such as the ability to export a .fit file. Its understandable that MS would prefer us to stay within the MS Health ecosystem, but more granular charts would add a lot to the value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro