Does Microsoft band v1 works with windows 10 mobile

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, Cortana has always been hit and miss for me. Tells me to move closer to phone a lot. I put the band on the phone and still got move closer... Apart from that everything is tickety boo, although MS health takes a while to sync

MrCreeper1008

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
But I've tried to use band 1 with w10m, and everything doesn't work. Apps won't detect band, not receiving notifications. I guess everything is fixed now.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
But I've tried to use band 1 with w10m, and everything doesn't work. Apps won't detect band, not receiving notifications. I guess everything is fixed now.

I've always got notifications even on the early previews, emails, texts, weather reports etc. Pairs quickly and no issues after I ticked the advanced setting for alternative speech device. As I said, the only problem, and it's known is responding by Cortana on the band

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's working for me.

Band 1, latest firmware and Health App.

Lumia 640, Windows 10, Insider Release Build 10586.107.

US Region. FWIW, I've been heavy into using voice with Cortana since the start.

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It works intermittently for me since I switched to a 950 DS (currently Build .107). I get text, call, and calendar notifications consistently, but pushed email and Notification Center messages are hit and miss. Cortana and keyboard functionality work intermittently too. Believe me, I've tried various combinations of resetting, rebooting, uninstalling, etc (on the Band 1 and phone), but to no avail. I'm glad to hear that it works on other Lumias running W10M preview, but sad that it's wonky on my 950 DS.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine works well with my 950XL, except for when I want to reply to a text using the Band's keyboard. All I get is a "Connecting" message. Everything else works as expected.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Seems like the Band and Windows 10 have been working especially well lately. Every few day's I've had to uninstall and reinstll the health app to get Cortana through the band and the on-Band keyboard to work. I did *not* install Mobile Tech Preview 14283 or 14291 because of the stated Band sync problems though.

Frank

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah... things worked much better with 10586. I tried to avoid later preview builds but somehow 14295 made it to my phone and I have had band problems since.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Cortana has always been hit and miss for me. Tells me to move closer to phone a lot. I put the band on the phone and still got move closer... Apart from that everything is tickety boo, although MS health takes a while to sync

On my Band 2....Hit or miss ? Your lucky, I have tried 10 times and in 10 times it was a complete miss.. Every time I tried it was "too far from phone " (phone is less than 2 feet away), or one of a handful of other excuses.

Never worked on my Band 1 anyway (gave it to my wife)

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Build 14322, L950xl band one, doesn't work thanks to the insider ring, wouldn't mind if it had been a week or two but this is a joke. Can I get back to a previous version of the os that will work?

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
14332 is great for me. Better than it's been for a while. No dropped connections and all notifications working.

Cortana is working again too for voice commands.

950xl. Aside from iris not working and FB messenger, all good for me.

mpjones

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by bells0
14332 is great for me. Better than it's been for a while. No dropped connections and all notifications working.

Cortana is working again too for voice commands.

950xl. Aside from iris not working and FB messenger, all good for me.
Dam, maybe ill send my band back then as I can even get it to pair after a factory reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb