What's new in latest update

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my android health app, but can't see anything "new".

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just updated this morning as well.

Hoped it would have brought Cortana functionality back but it's still the same story.

Still get the messages about not being able to reach your phone.

Using 950xl on latest insider preview.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
It's a preview. There will be issues, but once its sorted you may find your android mates laughing out of the side of their faces! Ahhh optimists rock!

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I am rather happy with battery life, I only remove my B2 during bath/shower and for charging otherwise it's with me all other times. I am getting more than 24hrs. This is without GPS use (daily) instead 5 days a week gym work, generally min 1.5hrs.
Only thing is I use B2 more as gym or activity tracker rather than for its smart watch facilities.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rydell Bryant

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello there guys, fairly new to the forum. I've noticed that since I've installed build 10586107, cortana has stopped working working when I long press the magnifying glass icon. In fact, I don't think she works at all. It takes me straight to the Bing search page. Is there something I missed or something I need to do with the new build?

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The latest update has caused issues with my band. Got it Tue, Wed. morning work up to a non-responsive band. Left it on the charger while I went to the gym, came back and still nothing. Connecting it to my computer though showed it was still alive and could be synced, but 0% battery (had more than 50% when I went to sleep). It stayed 0% until I disconnected it and did a reset, then it showed about 70% battery. Let it charge more, and after some more resetting and re-pairing to the phone it seemed fine, although during that process it seems whenever the screen went off, the device just powered off because each time I plugged it back it, it asked for the time and date again.

Work up today, still seemed fine. By the time I got to the gym, non-responsive again. Not even the two button reset did anything. Plugged it back into the computer when I got home, computer detects it fine, even says there's 40% battery left (although the band said it ran out of power and asked to reset the time). Didn't do anything and seems to be working again after letting it charge, we'll see what happens when I to go the gym again tonight.

Previously the band had been working flawlessly for me.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
The latest update has caused issues with my band.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think your issues were caused by the update. You're describing exactly the issue so many of us have experienced where some electrical connection comes loose inside the band and causes it to die randomly. It think it's just a coincidence that your issues cropped up at the same time as the update - notice that nobody else reported the update causing this problem. Based on my experience (and others you can read about on this forum) I predict your problem will get worse over the next few days until you have to take/send your band back for replacement.

VFC

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I had my first power down issue after the update as well. I noticed mine was dead just before I started my treadmill run. It would not power on, but when I hooked it up to the charger I got the warning that it powered off due to low battery (reset time and date, etc), then it went on to display 86% battery power.

I saw all the posts about losing power; but I had not experienced that problem (until the update) since I got my pre-order from Amazon.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think your issues were caused by the update. You're describing exactly the issue so many of us have experienced where some electrical connection comes loose inside the band and causes it to die randomly. It think it's just a coincidence that your issues cropped up at the same time as the update - notice that nobody else reported the update causing this problem. Based on my experience (and others you can read about on this forum) I predict your problem will get worse over the next few days until you have to take/send your band back for replacement.

Yes, I'm actually coming to the same conclusion. It was fine yesterday while charging, and it died three times trying to put it on my wrist, and it was immediately. And of course when plugging it back in, battery is still at max. So I guess I'll be doing a warranty claim.

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a preview. There will be issues, but once its sorted you may find your android mates laughing out of the side of their faces! Ahhh optimists rock!

Wouldn't have it any other way, love W10 and my MS devices. Just enjoyed using Cortana for all the little things and it's surprising how much you actually get used to talking into your band to get things done. I'd rather be in the ms family than be fully entrenched in Android though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss